Linguaholic

Have you ever met someone who could speak multiple languages.

mareebaybay

I am in a race with people who know a lot of languages. Yes. Filipinos are very interesting, we are culturally diverse and full of foreign blood. I myself speak 4 languages Although 3 of them are the only ones I've mastered.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Yes,

As a matter of fact I do. I suppose there are/were some language geeks in my family.

I will start with my parents. My mother knew Dutch, French and English. My dad knew French, Dutch, English and German. My aunt knows Dutch, French, English, German and Spanish.

My uncle, a retired university professor knows French, Dutch, English, Esperanto, German, Finnish, Russian and additionally he studied Latin and Greek while studying. It is safe to say that he is fluent in French, Dutch, Esperanto and English.

My parents attempted to bring me up bilingually. I know Dutch, English, French and German. I have got basic knowledge of Serbo Croat and Turkish. Currently I am studying Spanish, and I would like to know basic Japanese at some stage.

We all must have been bitten by some sort of language bug.

Yes I have lived away from home these past 5 years and I went to visit my parents for the first time in 3 years I saw my brother and we were talking about learning different languages, he can now speak Japanese, Chinese, Maltese and french along with English.

I live in a small town that is home to people from a number of different ethnicities. Most people here, for that reason speak at least three languages. That's the norm. It's not uncommon however for more outgoing people to speak more than six languages fluently. In fact it's so normal that anyone can speak to you in their native language and expect a response because. . .well, that's how things are here.

I speak two languages fluently and I know some basic Russian. My dad speaks Lithuanian, English, Russian, German and a little bit of Polish. It's not that uncommon for people to speak more than one language, especially in Eastern Europe since we have so many languages just around the border.

My German teacher spoke 7 different languages; English, Thai, Hindi, Spanish, French, German and Mandarin. He was absolutely brilliant. He told me that it came to him naturally and that he found learning a new language easier than math or biology or anything for that matter. Plus, he was really good with all the accent too.

When I was in high school,we had a teacher who taught us French.But when we would go for recess,she would speak to us in our native language,German,Swahili and even Italian.

I find it very inspirational that there are so many multilingual people out there. It shows that learning a foreign language is very possible, as long as your got the heart, environment, and dedication for it. I noticed that a lot of people became fluent at a foreign language because they got a lot of exposure from that specific foreign language. It may be due to being stationed at a foreign country, or born in a place that most people are multilingual.

• 3 years later...

I speak multiple languages myself.
It's actually extremely unlikely you'll ever find a monolingual person in the Netherlands.

• 3 weeks later...