Linguaholic

TV.....a great language influencer

lovemwaf

I know a number of people who dramatically improved their En lish by watching American TV.  Its a way to immerse oneself in a language and its entertaining at the same time.  I haven't tried it with Spanish, they talk way to fast for me right now.  When I become more advanced I will try it again, just not right now.

I have been to places where i have heard young people speak english better than the americans and their accents sound real authentic, but they are continents away from america. When you ask them where they learnt how to speak like that, they will tell you that they watch a lot of tv and thats where they picked it all up from.

I can attest to this my friend. I myself am not a native American. Yet, I find it so easy to mi-mick Americans and even British citizens. It's really the television watching that I engaged in from my childhood, that has really contributed to this. Thank God for telecommunications technology and media.

Yes. That is the case for me. I grew up with cartoons and television and I'm really doing well with phonetics and pronouncing English words. It's really amazing how and what I watch really influences and retains in my brain thus giving me this awesome ability in speaking a foreign language.