Linguaholic

Beilstein English-German Dictionary

MyDigitalpoint

One of the languages that really fascinate me is German, and this is probably the next language I will learn when I have some spare time to start with it.

In the meantime I like to browse the Beilstein English to German / German to English Dictionary to start building my vocabulary,

The Beilstein Dictionary (German/English) has been compiled by the scientific staff of the Beilstein Institute to facilitate the use of Basic Series and Supplementary Series I to IV by those Handbook users whose native language is not German. With a total of about 2,100 entries, it contains most German words occurring in the Beilstein Handbook, as well as common abbreviations, alphabetically listed with their English equivalents.

An appended supplement (page 59 onwards) lists a series of “standard formulations” frequently used in Beilstein, together with their English translations.

This is a free online dictionary that you can find here, http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/swain/beilstein/bedict1.html