Linguaholic

Konichiwa mina-san

honia

Hey there! My name is Honi and I am trying to learn Japanese. It's not an easy language and I don't think I will ever be able to learn all those characters but I will be content with just learning to speak it.

I'm also learning French but that is easier.

Nice meeting you all!

Hey there honia, welcome to linguaholic. Japanese is hard I can agree with you, but I'm pretty sure that with time you will make it at least to speak it. About learning all the characters, I don't think that even the Japanese know them all?

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there honia, welcome to linguaholic. Japanese is hard I can agree with you, but I'm pretty sure that with time you will make it at least to speak it. About learning all the characters, I don't think that even the Japanese know them all?

:cool:

Characters for morphemes, probably not all of them. But Hiragana and Katakana cover just about every single phoneme contained in the Japanese language. It's definitely beneficial to be able to read it, but you also don't have to. But everything can be spelled out in either hiragana or katakana. We didn't even start kanji until the fourth chapter of the book, or halfway thru the semester!

Good to have you here, Honi. :)