Linguaholic

The longest word in French

yurithebest1

We all know that French is a very rich language that contains a lot of long words, so today as i was surfing the internet i found a very long French word which is "anticonstitutionnellement" that many people use in politics which means that it is not adaptable to the constitution.

There are still a lot of words like that, which are very long in French, so will you share with us the longest French words that you guys know from your knowledge?

• 2 weeks later...

The only word that is longer than the one you wrote would be: Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobie. Which is 29 letters! It means Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia (The fear of number 666). I never knew there were such long words in French. Great post!

• 2 months later...

Nice one... that made me think a lot and laugh hard at the same time because i don't know why a number like that one in particular is fearful, well for me i just hate that number because they say it's the number of the devil but i don't know whether it has some other meanings for people to fear it.