Linguaholic

Medals

Xenon

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Hi there

The medals are based on post counts. Therefore, to get more of them, you will just need to make more posts :=) The medals do not have a specific meaning ---->  :grin:

Hi there

The medals are based on post counts. Therefore, to get more of them, you will just need to make more posts :=) The medals do not have a specific meaning ---->  :grin:

Thanks!

if you want I can post a list where you can see how many posts you will need. However I am already working on a new reward system (or lets say additional reward system)..it's gonna be cool and much more language related.don't want to say too much about it yet  :angel:

Moreover I am planning to do some prize competitions here on linguaholic.com. I would like to award some really cool prizes for active people (that post quality content) in my forum. I am not yet sure about the criterias though. It might be something random, but maybe also something based on post count and/or quality of posts.

Prizes could be some great books about languages/linguistics, maybe some vouchers for amazon and so on. In any case, stay tuned  :karate:

If you have some inspiring ideas about this kind of topic, please let me know !!  :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

if you want I can post a list where you can see how many posts you will need. However I am already working on a new reward system (or lets say additional reward system)..it's gonna be cool and much more language related.don't want to say too much about it yet  :angel:

Moreover I am planning to do some prize competitions here on linguaholic.com. I would like to award some really cool prizes for active people (that post quality content) in my forum. I am not yet sure about the criterias though. It might be something random, but maybe also something based on post count and/or quality of posts.

Prizes could be some great books about languages/linguistics, maybe some vouchers for amazon and so on. In any case, stay tuned  :karate:

If you have some inspiring ideas about this kind of topic, please let me know !!  :wink:

I must say that you are a very devoted Admin, and I am glad I found this forum. I really hope more people will find it so that it can become a large community for language lovers. Cudos to you  :kiss:

Hey Deyvion

Thank you so much  :angel: I love "hosting" this forum, it is so much fun.

I would like to let you know that there will be new "features" soon on linguaholic.com. I am currently working on a new rank system that will replace the medals. It's gonna be much more fun and above all, it will be language-related  :wacky:

Moreover, in September or October, there will be some sort of competition and the most active (or let's say the people, who are providing the best content) will be awarded with some nice prizes. Can't say more than that right now  :wacky:

regards

Marcel

Oh, oh, oh! These news make me so excited!  :laugh: I love the medal system (hah and I am a proud owner of 3 medals already) but I bet the new one will be even greater!

And maybe this is not the right place to ask, but what is this karma thing? I saw today that I have a +1 karma which is a good thing I guess, but is this related to the number of posts too?

Karma is awarded by other users :) If you like somebody's post, you can click "applaud" under their avatar and they'll get +1 karma.

Edit: I just noticed I have 1 karma point, that's nice :) Is there any way to check who gave it to me, or at least for which posts?

Dear Topcha and Czarownica

There is currently no way to see who awarded you some karma. I will need to make some modifications to the code of the forum to make this possible. I will either do that or I will implement a feature that will make it possible to give karma for specific posts.

I will need some time for this but as I would like to make you happy, I will try my best  :grin:

Thank you both for explaining it all! I was really wondering about the karma  :laugh: And now I know what the applaud button is for :D

Knowing who awarded us would be cool! But with so many things going around in the forum, I bet there is lot to do, so no pressure! We are happy anyway!  :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

This is really great. Being a member it's nice to know that your efforts are being noticed. The site alone are very helpful and fun but with all the ideas from the admin, and showing great effort to improve not just for the site alone but for the members means a lot to us. I'm looking forward for more fun happenings to come. :wink:

• 1 month later...