Hedonologist

How long did it take you to learn the script?

It took me about 3 weeks, but that was partially because I didn't give it complete attention. This was much longer than the 1 day it took me to learn Cyrillic and the 1 day it took me to learn the Greek alphabet. I assume it could be done quicker. How long did it take you?

It took me about a week, only because I didn't do it enough. But I agree I think the Arabic script could be learnt within two days. :)

I learned in a few days.  The initial, medial, and final forums of the letters confused me at first but I kept reminding myself that it's like cursive. 

Chemist likes this

A year back I tried to learn the script for fun, and as it turns out, you can learn it really fast. You can almost remember the first four at a time as one, then the next four, and this is is great when you try to relearn. This makes learning very fast, a day to learn and another to remember it I guess.

I think I am going to take forever and a day to learn the Arabic script.

It's not that I cannot recognize the Arabic script. In fact, I can recognize many letters already. However I keep mixing them up. Like, when I first started, I would be totally confused by 'ba' and 'nun'. I keep asking myself 'now which one has the dot on top and which one has the dot on top'. Now I have solved that one by remembering, using Malay, that 'ba' had a dot 'bawah' ie below.