Linguaholic

What Language is Most Valuable to Learn

DancingLady

I'll have to agree with the consensus that a valuable language is something that you would need in your everyday life -- not just for communication but also for retention since language fades over time. So if you're in America, it would most likely be Spanish because of how widespread it is, and if you're in a country with a high percentage of French speakers, then it would be French.

I want to have a business in the future so I think for people like me, the most valuable languages to learn would be Mandarin and Japanese. Mandarin because a lot of business trade and deal with the Chinese market, and Japanese because they're currently the number one investors in my country and I'd want to speak with them without losing much nuance like I would if we converse in English.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

In my opinion the most valuable language to learn is English. Most business transactions are written in English and majority of population speak in English. I think it will be useful specially when you are a traveler and you look for directions since most people speak English. However, I find Spanish the second most valuable language since there are many countries who speak this language. There are also parts of America who are Spanish speaking people.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Mandarin, I have read that a lot of adult English learners in Asia are learning English not to speak with Westerners (usually) but to speak to other Asians on matters of business. I mean, English has a strong presence everywhere, so it is certainly more valuable internationally than Korean or Japanese. So instead of learning those languages, everyone can communicate easiest if they all learn English. This was just something I read though.

It isn´t just business that is doing this, it is also the internet.  English is basically becoming the middle language for everyone.  It is not hard to imagine, but I think in a hundred years, most of the world will be speaking english.    Airplanes, and now the internet have just made the world so small... before airplanes, only a very small percentage of a population ever encountered someone from outside that language.

I think English still remains the most important language to have under your belt. It seems to be the unofficial universal language that's used on a global scale. After English I'd say French and Spanish are pretty useful, with Mandarin sniping at their heels mainly due to the sheer enormity of the population. More often than not, when a job requires additional language skills, it's French or Spanish.

If you are thinking about a vocation in US, or taking care of customers from the Americas, Spanish would be the most helpful. For Europe the most valuable would be French (Western Europe) or German (Focal and Eastern Europe). Also French would be ideal for Africa. If you want some information about learning German, don't be afraid to shoot me a PM. In the event that you decide to learn Romanian (USELESS AND DIFFICULT) definitely PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hola , ¿cómo estás ?, mi nombre es aliado y estoy aquí para decirles acerca de este nuevo producto de la lengua española que está fuera !, para aprender más , haga clic en este enlace de abajo , es impresionante !!!!

http://aedaac4qr4vg0samvmg9plqret.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=AFF8331

Gracias por su tiempo .

Adiós !!

Hello, how are you?, my name is Ally and i'm here to tell you about this new spanish language product that is out!, to learn more click on this link below, it is awsome!!!!  :grin:

http://aedaac4qr4vg0samvmg9plqret.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=AFF8331

Thank you for your time.

Bye!!  :laugh:

With English being the most obvious one, I'd say that Chinese would be second most valuable language to learn for me. This is solely for business interactions and for job opportunities as we deal with a lot of Chinese businessmen in my neck of the woods.

• 1 month later...

English is definitely the language of business, no one can dispute that. Yet with that native English speakers shouldn't rely on English's success as an excuse not to learn another language. Besides that, if I was to speak in general terms (disregarding personal needs) I would probably say Spanish and Mandarin as far as population that speaks it and commercial prominence.

Mandarin is certainly gaining speed in terms of popularity among the youth! When I used to work for for huge UK exam board, I was amazed at just how many children right across the colour bar took Mandarin! I wonder what's triggered this apparent sudden surge in interest?

I think as they said it really something that boils down to each person, as depending their location and aspiration there is something useful out of it.

The languages I was curious about I might no have other use outside of a hobby (french, japanese)

Then where I live some languages could be of help that never truly catched my attention before but that i think it would be good to learn. I work for a German themed place and I can see mandarin is like the second language in command as there are street names in that language, adverts and even a newspaper.

Aside from ENGLISH, in my opinion, JAPANESE and CHINESE languages are also important. These being because these 2 countries, Japan and China are moving very fast in terms of Science and Technology. Looking in the future, I think these 2 countries are going to become giants in the world of business and manufacturing.

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from ENGLISH, in my opinion, JAPANESE and CHINESE languages are also important. These being because these 2 countries, Japan and China are moving very fast in terms of Science and Technology. Looking in the future, I think these 2 countries are going to become giants in the world of business and manufacturing.

You're so right there, Mekare! Japan and China are going to be the places to be in the next 5 years or so. I mean, they've already got their position carved as leaders in manufacturing and technology as it stands. I think they will just explode and people the world over will want a piece of them, especially Japan.