Linguaholic

I don't wish to be a pedant but...

spacetimecontinuum

Even a native speaker commits grammar and pronunciation mistakes. There are a lot of non-native speakers who speak better English than the natives themselves. What I'm really getting at is that mistakes are key ingredients to learning. The mistakes we commit help us learn a language better.

XTinx makes a great point. Mistakes will happen even for native speakers, and like OP said, it's even more understandable in multilingual people. On a side note, I just had to look up what pedant means and now I have a new word in my vocabulary. So... Thanks!  :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Mistakes do happen, even by the brightest and best of us. I have written things and edited and long after when I go back and look at it there are errors so even native English speakers aren't perfect with English.

Mistakes do happen, even by the brightest and best of us. I have written things and edited and long after when I go back and look at it there are errors so even native English speakers aren't perfect with English.

Lol, I do that too, I'll write something that I think is perfectly written, and after some time I'll go back and read it and find all sorts of errors. I might do this 2 or 3 times on the same piece of writing and find mistakes every time.

At the risk of continuing the pedantry...

It now says "How does language X should be taught?"...

Should that be "How should language X be taught?"?

(Thanks again linguaholic for all the great work you do for this community! :) )