Linguaholic

Michel Thomas Method

Meerkat

Hi Fellow Language Enthusiasts!

Has anybody tried learning through the Michel Thomas Method?

Quite interesting, makes you learn the way a child learns, taking in words bit by bit and absorbing it logically. Makes you join in, and work with your brain.

Have you tried it?

If anyone wants a taster, I can post a free demo.

That sounds really promising, as there is definitely something to the method that works for most children. I haven't heard of the Michel Thomas Method before, but I'd definitely be interested in a demo to check into it a little more. It could be worthwhile :).

Hi Fellow Language Enthusiasts!

Has anybody tried learning through the Michel Thomas Method?

Quite interesting, makes you learn the way a child learns, taking in words bit by bit and absorbing it logically. Makes you join in, and work with your brain.

Have you tried it?

If anyone wants a taster, I can post a free demo.

I have never heard of it,but from the way you are talking about it, I am definitely going to try it out, it seems like he makes it much easier to learn a new language.

I've heard of the Michel Thomas method, but unfortunately I've never had the chance to try it. From what I've read on Amazon and different language learning sites the method seems really interesting. I think it focuses more on grammar, which is awesome because grammar is always the most boring part of learning a new language (in my opinion).

I have tried a few other immersion (French in action) and assimilation (Assimil) methods for learning French and I can say that they definitely work.

To me this actually seems like a better way to go about learning a language. There's something to be said about keeping things simple and straightforward. Granted, babies/young children retain learned information better than adults do, but I think it's still very effective regardless of age. I went on a website designed for kids to learn Spanish and it went much better for me than when I took an actual Spanish class.  :laugh:

Well, you can get the disk 1 of the Spanish Foundation here on 4shared.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/ROpjAZfQce/Michel_Thomas_Spanish_Disk1.html

This was legally acquired, and it is available for free. On 4shared. If you guys are interested in Russian, Polish, Spanish, Dutch, Greek, or German, I can host the Foundation and(when applicable) the Advanced.

I think it is great to learn a language with basic information as children learn. It helps when you are starting so that you can understand completely before you go onto an intermediate level of communication.

I have not heard of this but will take a look if there are different language choices.

Thank you for the tip

Thanks for sharing as I really needed something like this to help me, being that I am learning the language basics now. I need additional help with pronunciation so I hope I can find people here that will guide and mentor me a bit :confused:

Thanks you so much! I would love have you post the german and russian.

The guy starts by saying, no  home work, no trying, no memorization... how the heck is this going to work lol

Greetings Rhotta! Sorry about late response.

Yes, it does sound strange. It does sound like cheating. But in a way, it is.

Would you like German or Russian first? I have German Foundation, I have Russian Foundation & Advanced, plus the booklets, so, which would you like first?

Interesting. I've never heard of this method before. It sounds good - a deeper, more thorough way of learning a new language. But it also sounds a bit slower, for someone who's not in a hurry. Anyway, I'm going to give this a look. I may even try it myself. ;) Thanks!

No, i've never tried Michael Thomas Method but it does sound like it would be a great learning method. I do believe that such methods would be ideal for adults learning a language for the first time.

Interesting. I've never heard of this method before. It sounds good - a deeper, more thorough way of learning a new language. But it also sounds a bit slower, for someone who's not in a hurry. Anyway, I'm going to give this a look. I may even try it myself. ;) Thanks!

Ah, your statement is only flawed in one aspect...

The michel thomas method works at astonishing speeds, as you do not forget anything. The full basic foundation of any of the languages takes about 8 hours, tops. Advanced? 4 hours. Any course beyond that  is variable.

• 4 weeks later...