Linguaholic

El Clon

AureliaeLacrimae

Well, this may sound cheesy but this soap opera was very popular about ten years ago. As part of the production deal, Globo agreed to embargo distribution of the original Portuguese version for five years. My friend and I were watching it for some time. She ''conned'' me into watching it and was very interested in Portuguese later on. She kept writing down the phrases and words she heard in the show and then I did too. We exchanged phrases for about a year. It was fun, but there were so many words that we got ''lost''.

Why not use TV for learning language? It can help. It doesn't have to be this show, it can be anything, for as long as it can help you with the vocabulary and be fun in the process. I came to like watching the show, not because of the show itself, but mostly because of my friend. When you have someone else interested in learning the same language it's more interesting and keeps you motivated for a longer time.

Ideas?