Linguaholic

What to do after Michel Thomas Arabic?

aliyusuf

Hey guys. I'm very happy to be joining this forum. I've recently began studying Egyptian dialect of Arabic and have completed the foundation and advanced courses of Michel Thomas. I'd like to continue my studies, but not sure what the best approach would be to build off of my base. I was recently memorizing words out of a dictionary but I have come to the conclusion that's not necessarily the best approach to take. I've been thinking about watching movies in Egyptian Arabic and translate certain words I keep hearing into English so that I can put some context to it. My only problem is that I am unable to find most of the words I come across in my dictionary or online due to it being hard to find transliteration. Any solutions for this? Thanks guys. Happy language learning.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm very happy to be joining this forum. I've recently began studying Egyptian dialect of Arabic and have completed the foundation and advanced courses of Michel Thomas. I'd like to continue my studies, but not sure what the best approach would be to build off of my base. I was recently memorizing words out of a dictionary but I have come to the conclusion that's not necessarily the best approach to take. I've been thinking about watching movies in Egyptian Arabic and translate certain words I keep hearing into English so that I can put some context to it. My only problem is that I am unable to find most of the words I come across in my dictionary or online due to it being hard to find transliteration. Any solutions for this? Thanks guys. Happy language learning.

As I am an afficianado of Michel Thomas and also had the same problem, I'm going to chip in.

First of all, find some good books. Teach yourself is a fairly good company, but whatever floats your boat.

Second, get some online resources. Many sites will teach you arabic.

Next, if you are fairly advanced, obtain some Arabic literature.This will assisst you vastly.

Work on from then.