Linguaholic

Memrise

I have just recently discovered memrise and found it to be a gem for learning characters. It's so easy just to do a quick 5, then another 5 if you're bored, review and move onto another 5. I'm learning so much here (although I'll have to be sure to regularly review).

Any other people primarily use memrise for learning characters?

• 10 months later...

I'm trying to learn another language in Memrise (French) I think it's a useful site to be familiar with the chinese characters and be able to read chinese on print but if you want to learn how to write, a formal lesson is required as I see when I hired a tutor. The print form and the written form ( as we write in on a paper) is quite different. But I love memrise too although I read somewhere that it's not 100% accurate as anyone can contribute in this site.

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2015 at 0:36 AM, Hedonologist said:

I have just recently discovered memrise and found it to be a gem for learning characters. It's so easy just to do a quick 5, then another 5 if you're bored, review and move onto another 5. I'm learning so much here (although I'll have to be sure to regularly review).

Any other people primarily use memrise for learning characters?

I heard about it but I have not used it yet, now that you mentioned about the usefulness of it in learning Chinese characters then I will definitely check it out again. I do have a question though, do you think it will help as a beginner to learn the characters simultaneously with the pinyin or should I learn one at a time.

• 3 years later...
On 3/30/2016 at 10:33 AM, kurdapia said:

I heard about it but I have not used it yet, now that you mentioned about the usefulness of it in learning Chinese characters then I will definitely check it out again. I do have a question though, do you think it will help as a beginner to learn the characters simultaneously with the pinyin or should I learn one at a time.

I think you should learn both at the same time, as it's 2 parts of the same word. The character isnt useful if you can pronounce it, but even if you can say it doesn't mean you could read or write it. I think theres a lot of importance in being able to do both.

• 2 months later...