Linguaholic

French Blogs

WiningerWorld

Has anyone ever considered following a French blog to keep involved with the language? The thought just came to me and I think it would be a really good idea! Does anyone know of any blogs written in French that are interesting? Where could I look to specifically find ones in French? I don't care much about the topic but preferably something other than fashion!

• 7 months later...

Has anyone ever considered following a French blog to keep involved with the language? The thought just came to me and I think it would be a really good idea! Does anyone know of any blogs written in French that are interesting? Where could I look to specifically find ones in French? I don't care much about the topic but preferably something other than fashion!

This sounds like an excellent idea to me. Thanks for it! But I think that to make it worthwhile, you definitely have to follow something that really interests you. Otherwise you'll just get bored and frustrated.

I'll go and look for some blogs on the topics of my hobbies straight away.

• 2 weeks later...

I think blogs are good, but I will try to explain also the technical reasons of why it is good, because learning a language isn't a random thing, a little strategy can help to yield better results.
First, blogs tend to have a language close to the familiar, or at least it will use the everyday language. It means that it will help your conversational skills and it would be less complex than to start straight away with literature, which tends to have a formal language. Remember, babies have hard time to read Victor Hugo ;)

As well, there's many more blogs than books and you don't buy blogs, so you can just look, see if you like or not, while there's good books you will maybe buy but be unable to understand. Too bad.