Linguaholic

List of 1000+ German Nouns (downloadable)

Eugene111

I noticed there seems to be a shortage of quality and user-friendly German word-lists with English translations on the Internet. So, I decided to share a list of 1000+ German nouns that I wrote out from SPIEGEL and other German newspapers. These nouns are some of the more useful ones that I came across in spring of 2014, as I began to read the German press and put together what has now become a Mega Word List with 28000 words (nouns, verbs, adjectives, short phrases). I've been putting together my German-English word list from 2014 till 2019.

• 4 weeks later...

That's fantastic, thanks for sharing, Eugene111! This has actually given me an idea. I'm wondering if I could do a Google search for something similar but for French or Italian. It would be great if I could get my hands on it. That way I could just slowly work my way through the vocabulary before I go back to studying either one of or both languages, which are my favourite foreign languages :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's pretty hard to find a well-compiled list of French or Italian words with English translations. I'm saying this from experience: In February 2014, as I was contemplating learning German, I quite thoroughly looked through the Internet in search of a good word list. The plan was to learn a few thousand German words first and then start reading German newspapers. However, I found no good word list. So, I had to compile one of my own. The situation may be different with French or Italian, but I'm quite skeptical.

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2015 at 9:53 PM, Eugene111 said:

I noticed there seems to be a shortage of quality and user-friendly German word-lists with English translations on the Internet. So, I decided to share a list of 1000+ German nouns that I wrote out from SPIEGEL and other German newspapers. These nouns are some of the more useful ones that I came across in spring of 2014, as I began to read the German press and put together what has now become a Mega Word List with over 19000 words.

Hi Eugene111, Where can I download the files as I am just starting out in German.

Many thanks,

Johnboyq

On 7/13/2015 at 9:53 PM, Eugene111 said:

I noticed there seems to be a shortage of quality and user-friendly German word-lists with English translations on the Internet. So, I decided to share a list of 1000+ German nouns that I wrote out from SPIEGEL and other German newspapers. These nouns are some of the more useful ones that I came across in spring of 2014, as I began to read the German press and put together what has now become a Mega Word List with over 19000 words.

Many many thanks Eugene111. Excellent list.

John