Linguaholic

romantic language

kitkat0124

French. The only foreign language I want to learn and this is because the way French people talk always makes me laugh. It is the most romantic language I have ever heard. Just watching the movie Ratatuioe and the Eye got my interest already.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Of course I'm not surprised that French is the most romantic language. When you think of French you think of Paris. But I also think some form of Spanish could be romantic. For instance, it's stereotypical for hispanic models on TV (i.e. Sofia Vergara) to speak very sexy, romantic like in her native language. That almost tops French. But as a whole -- as an entire population, French wins.

There's something about Spanish that sounds very romantic to me. A lot of people would say Italian is the most romantic language, and it probably comes a close second for me.

I definitely find Arabic pretty sexy. Which is weird, because it doesn't have that image at all! French is nice too, but I never really like the sound of Italian.

My second language Japanese doesn't really have that romantic quality... I would say even English is much more of a "beautiful" language.

I think about any foreign (to me) language is sexy when murmured at the right moment, the intimate moment. :wacky:

They say French is the language for love. And that is true. I love you in French is Je t'aime and I love you too is, Moi aussi, Je t'aime.  It sound so sweet.

People used to tell me all the time to speak in French because it sounds so romantic. To me, French just sounded nasal and I thought Italian sounded more romantic. Another romantic sounding language to me is Spanish. I think it might be because of the rolling r's.

The most romantic language is whatever language a beautiful woman is talking to me me in! I joke, but honestly I would have to go with English. Probably because that's the language I know the most, but I also think that it is the most varied and interesting language that I've heard. Although Chinese can be very romantic, or at least there are some songs I've heard in Mandarin that are.

• 3 weeks later...

French is Canada's ssecondary language so its pretty common to hear. I think their accent is so sexy and a girl's sweet voice speaking french sounds like music to my ears. I wish I actually continued studying french in our school.

Well Italian of course. Anything sounds romantic in Italian even if you're being insulted, so long as you don't understand it. Girls can give you the brush of so romantically in Italian.

I would definitely say Italian. Italy is beyond doubt one of the best place for romantic get away and honeymoon. Take in consideration the breathtaking beauty and romantic views and the Italian life style. Italians love romance, their songs are base on romance and all about love. People love to see couples walking hand in hand or arm in arm. Even just the simple ritual of eating a meal have a romantic feel to it. 

I must say Italian. I have no relations to that country but when I hear Italian people speaking it sounds like singing to me, so soft and full of passion even if they were just talking about everyday things. I have been living in Greece almost for two years and I´m currently studying the language.. it´s more sharp compared to Italian for example but it sure has it´s own fascination.

I know French has a reputation for being a very "romantic" sounding language. For me, though, it's Spanish. Maybe it's because all the women were so beautiful when I travelled to Barcelona, but I remember being infatuated with the language there.

I know French has a reputation for being a very "romantic" sounding language. For me, though, it's Spanish. Maybe it's because all the women were so beautiful when I travelled to Barcelona, but I remember being infatuated with the language there.

I agree. Spanish sounds very romantic as well and I think it's why a lot of people see the Spanish language and those who speak it as being passionate. Even the names of the Spanish, I think, sound very full of passion and romance, to be honest.

It was a difficult decision for me to choose between French and Italian, but I went for Italian because honestly, my ex-boyfriend was Italian and the way he spoke some words were actually quite beautiful.

I even asked him to teach me some words myself, and when I spoke it, I actually sounded sexier than usual.  :laugh:

French is also a very beautiful and romantic language, but Italian does it for me.