Linguaholic

How do you stay motivated?

Honest_Abe

Perhaps the most likely way to get our level of motivation up is by concentrating on one language at a time. Dividing your time between more than one language means that the effort needed for each has also need to be increased proportionally. This may be tapping your energy.Also try someone whom you can communicate your new language to....not practice with, but talk to without fear of always being shown on your mistakes. I think this will make learning the language more enjoyable and gives you more freedom of speech.

My first motivation is usage. In english I always read books and was really happy to understand more and more, my first english book to read from beginning to end was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I was so happy to finish it at last.

At another languages I need then because every day stuff. It really motivates me that I can speak with taxi drivers and shop assistants, and not just smile and not all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

When it comes down to me when I start to lose interest in a language I'm learning, I just go back to the point/origin of my motivation and that always gets me fired up and going again. So now I'm able to get my mind focused again and continue the learning process/studying process of the language I'm studying at the time... 

I can understand where how your motivation and studies are starting to decline.  I find it very hard to stay motivated to study unless I am either getting tested on it (in class) or I use it in everyday life.  Languages are difficult especially if you aren't in an enviroment  where the you are speaking or listening to the language everyday.  The only thing I could recommend is joining a club or group where you speak it frequently.  This way there will be some motivation to increase your skills.