Linguaholic

Shows in Spanish on NETFLIX

Hi everybody,

I am new to the forum.  I have been studying Spanihs for almost 3 years.  To give you an idea of how much I study, I study at the local community college.  I have classes Monday thru Friday, the last year all of the classes have been tought in spanish.  By far the hardest thing I struggle with is my comprehending skills when people talk to me in Spanish.  I thought watching some shows is Spanish would help.  Any good recommendations for a Netflix show.  I am looking for a show with not a ton of slang and clearly, slowly spoken Spanish.  Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

I like the TV show ''vecinos'', their Spanish is very neutral and hey don't use so much slang even though it's a Mexican TV show.  It's a very funny comedy, it should be easy enough to understand most of it. If you are learning latinoamerican spanish then this show is the right one.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like telenovelas or shows about teenagers you should check out Rebelde! It's a Mexican show and there are a lot of episodes so you can spend a lot of time getting used to the accents! There are also English/Spanish subtitles available.

• 2 years later...

There are a lot of Spanish shows on Netflix.

I am willing to share some favorites with you: 

NARCOS

The TV Series Narcos is a US crime drama created and produced by Chris Brancato, Carlo Bernard, and Doug Miro. The first season has 10 episodes. And the Show has been published as a Netflix exclusive.

Plot of the Series:  Narcos is set and filmed in Colombia, Seasons 1 and 2 tell the story of the world famous drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, who became a billionaire through the production and distribution of the drug cocaine. The show is also focusing on Escobar's interactions with drug lords, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents, and various opposition entities. Season 3 of the series picks up after the fall of Escobar and continues to follow the DEA as they go up against the rise of the infamous Cali Cartel.

NARCOS.jpg

LOS TIEMPOS DE PABLO ESCOBAR (TV MINI Series, 2012)

Oh, Pablo Escobar again? Yes. As we started the list of with Narcos, let's add another Pablo Escobar related TV Series, for all those (like me), who can never get enough of films about drug lords and their dirty business. 

Plot: Los Tiempos de Pablo Escobar will bring to you a complete journalistic document that reveals never before seen shocking images and testimonials from people who show how the barbaric acts of the drug lord Pablo Escobar managed to subdue a nation, and how his legacy continues to affect the world today. 

So if you would like to get some even more realistic footage and facts about Pablo Escobar, you might want to see this "tv show" instead of NARCOS. 

Netflix shows in spanish language.jpg

INGOBERNABLE (2017-)

Well, what about some more recent shows. Let's move to Ingobernable then. This is a TV Show from 2017.

Plot: The Mexican political drama TV Series that is starring Kate Del Castillo premiered on Netflix on 24 March 2017. The actor Kate Del Castillo plays the fictional First Lady of Mexico. Moreover, Emilia Urquiza plays the fictional President of Mexico, Diego Nava. The presidential strive for  internal peace in their country, but unforeseen challenges emerge and make this very difficult, and a major scandal begins to unfold. The actors Jaziz, Valentini, Ibarra, and Guerrero round out the cast playing the couple's daughter and son, the president's chief of staff, and the Secretary of the Interior, respectively. There is only one season online up to this day, but a second season has been announced for 2018.

Spanish Shows on Netflix nice.jpg

• 9 months later...

I think Narcos is the best. Also, I am watching now Morroco: Love in times of war. I am watching with an English subtitle hehe. I just start learning Spanish. 

Have fun,