• Announcements

• Blaveloper

Came here to advertise? Read first   12/05/2016

Over the last few months, there's been a huge increase of members coming here just to advertise their own products, services, or whatever.
      This is fine, but the "General Discussions" section is not the right place. If you came here to advertise anything you made or provide yourself, do this here.
      If you came here to advertise anything you love to use, do it here. Thank you for your understanding. And remember: anything we consider spam is subject to the ban hammer. Any smash is available free of charge.

Most beautiful writing script   56 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most beautiful writing script/alphabet ?

• Chinese (Hanzi/漢字)
    • Japanese (Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana)
    • Arabic
    • Manchu
    • Korean
    • Latin Alphabet
    • Cyrillic Alphabet
    • Tagalog
    • Futhark (Runes)
    • Hebrew Alphabet
    • Tibetan Alphabet
    • Sanskrit
    • Some other script/alphabet

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

I learned some Bengali in college, and I think it's lovely.  It's a bit more rounded than Hindi.  I wish I had a good picture to post!  I used to be able to write my name in it, but it's been years and I'm very out of practice.
Arabic is also lovely.  I can see why Arabic calligraphy is used as decoration.

I voted Latin, but now that I look at it, I think Arabic is the most beautiful script of all. It has really graceful and sensual lines and it's beautiful to look at, even if I don't understand it. The Chinese and the Japanese scripts come a close second and third. 

I really like Arabic. It looks like a very old language but it looks very cool. Now as far as beautiful, I think that the Chinese scripts are the best. They look really good.

I've always found Sanksrit very beautiful, so I voted for it.

There was no Georgian language on the list, but that's another one of my favorites, aesthetics-wise. I'm surprised it hasn't even been mentioned yet.

bc946e14001852da49099a58e602f05b.jpg

I am sure all languages look beautiful to those who love the language. For me, the Arabic script is fascinating. It is so flexible and fluid. It can be written to form pictures, so beautifully.

8p68R0i.jpg

linguaholic likes this

Easter Island had it's own unique writing style but as yet it hasn't been deciphered. It does resemble hieroglyphs even though there isn't a connection between the two.

Rongorongo_G-r_Small_Santiago.jpg

I personally believe the Greek Alphabet is the most beautiful. The script is so pretty and fluid looking. I just find it extremely aesthetically pleasing. I am learning modern Greek as well. Here are some things in Greek:

Γειά σας. Πώς είσαι;

Είμαι καλά, ευχαριστώ πολύ. Κι εσύ;

Έτσι κι έτσι. Αυτή είναι η μητέρα μου.

Χάρηκα για τη γνωριμία.

Κι εγώ. Τα ξαναλέμε!

Αντιο! Τα λέμε αργότερα!

I appreciate Hangul quite a bit. Looking at it feels really comfortable for some reason. But, I don't think I'd use the word beautiful. Maybe sensible? I'll agree with a few others here that the Japanese and Chinese scripts better fit the beauty description.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mereloshn
      So I'm a long time linguaholic who has studied several languages but now I'm in a situation where it might be in my best interest to learn how to speak Arabic.  I'm living in an area now with a considerable Arabic speaking population and Muslim culture here, and now whenever I'm out in the neighborhood I see and hear people speaking Arabic all the time so I think given my new neighborhood, it would be a good idea to learn some conversational Arabic.  My goal is to be able to speak it and understand it when others speak it, but not necessarily to read or write it.  Which dialect should I select as my new target language?  Something specific or just standard Arabic?  I believe my best bet would be to go for Darija (Moroccan Arabic) because I've identified some very strong Moroccan cultural influence in my new town.  I don't know for sure what form of the language I keep hearing when I'm out though, so I'm unsure how to go about starting this new language project of mine.  Again, my goal is to verbally communicate with the Arabic speaking population where I'm now living.  Any advice from others studying Arabic would be welcome as I'm a beginner with no background in the language and I'm unsure how to begin. 
    • By SharekCentre
      "Sharek Centre is a new hub of Arabic language and culture based in London, built upon the principle of sharing and mutual exchange. With a new interactive approach, Sharek offers an extensive range of language courses and programmes to suit everyone. Some of our courses include Short Comminicative Arabic courses, Fast track courses, courses for Heritage learners(plus Quranic) and fun courses such as learning through drama, learning through cooking etc" 
      A fantastic opportunity to taste our approach would be to participate on our open days on the 14th and 17th and they can send us an email to get more info at info@sharekcentre.com

• By Schiz Enia
      Can someone here help me translate a document from english to one of the following languages: arabic, french, russian, chinese and german in order to add subtitles to a video? It's of very high importance, it exposes the CURE of schizophrenia and other important things related to it that no one has ever talked about. Humanity needs this message u r g e n t l y. If two or more people agree on helping me with one language, I can divide the document in two parts and so on. Thank you in advance.

• By onlinearabic
      Register here: 
      http://onlinearabic.org/register-online

Our programs:
      Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), Egyptian Colloquial Arabic (ECA), both (MSA & ECA), Arabic for Kids, Arabic for business, Arabic for Media and conversational Arabic.

Why we are different?!

- Affordable prices.

- Very flexible schedules.

- Native & professional teachers.

- Female teachers for "sisters".

- Free (2 lessons) trial.

- Free placement test.

- Free Certificates.

- Free Arabic material.

- No registration & no obligation.

- 100% Safe.

- We have over 15 years experience in teaching Arabic language for non-native Arabic.

for more information visit our website: http://onlinearabic.org/ 
    • By pizzaholic81
      Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help on finding resources for teaching myself an Arabic dialect - Egyptian. I just want to be clear that I am not seeking MSA (Modern Standard Arabic), Classical Arabic or "Fusion Arabic. I am a complete beginner. I found some high resolution pictures of the alphabet (how to verify accuracy?), but I'm having a difficult time finding pronunciation audio clips. Maybe I am not using frovo.com properly. It's easy to find French, Spanish, etc pronunciations on there, but Egyptian - very difficult. Can anyone tell me where I could go? I suppose I could dig through YouTube to find some but I have noticed that people pronunce very differently from one another. Without actually going out on the internet to find an Egyptian speaking friend (it might come to that haha), what can I do? I think that I just need to spend more focus on YouTube. I just wish I could find a way to have another person validate the pronunciations for me.

Thanks in advance for your help!
      Edit: So far, found this - AREG - The Online Arabic and Egyptian School