Linguaholic

Words pronounced online - forvo.com or others?

anna3101

Hello,

I wonder if there are people here who use forvo.com on a regular basis.

I have discovered the site about a month ago when I struggled with some words in Italian. I wasn't sure how to pronounce them correctly and had nobody to ask as I'm studying on my own. So finally I googled something like "how to pronounce the word X in Italian" and the site was among top search results.

My experience so far has been very good - I find all of the words I need pronounced, and if I don't, I put the word in the waiting list and some native speaker helps you out.

However, I wonder just how reliable this is. What's your opinion of forvo? Do you use it for your language learning? Are there any similar sites like that?

Ania

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Hello,

I wonder if there are people here who use forvo.com on a regular basis.

I have discovered the site about a month ago when I struggled with some words in Italian. I wasn't sure how to pronounce them correctly and had nobody to ask as I'm studying on my own. So finally I googled something like "how to pronounce the word X in Italian" and the site was among top search results.

My experience so far has been very good - I find all of the words I need pronounced, and if I don't, I put the word in the waiting list and some native speaker helps you out.

However, I wonder just how reliable this is. What's your opinion of forvo? Do you use it for your language learning? Are there any similar sites like that?

Ania

I just had a look at it and it looks like an amazing website. I love projects like this one. Thanks for sharing this, Anna!

• 5 years later...

Hi there! 

I built new private Chrome extension for forvo.com

This extension helps English learners to find and download audio files on forvo.com For example, If you learn American English, select United States.
If you prefer a female voice, click one. You can also input a folder name, tag and limit audio files, if you need.

Now that extension only for English learners but I can add any language.