Linguaholic

Apologize in Spanish

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

"Lo siento" would literally be "I'm sorry." You could also say "perdón." If it's an informal situation with someone you're familiar with, you could say "forgive me" with "perdóname" or "perdóneme" for a formal situation. "Todavía estoy aprendiendo español," is "I'm still learning Spanish."

Ah.  Thank you very much.  I'm glad that I translated "I'm still learning Spanish" properly on my own.  I tried it myself before asking.  I just wanted confirmation or correction.  You were very helpful.  I had no idea you could apologize in so many different ways. 

I tried using lo siento before. I know that is one of the phrases I can use to say sorry but the person I was talking to never said anything back. I thought I said something wrong or what not. It felt like I just made another blunder. I was relieved to know here though that I was using the right one and learned some more thanks

I tried using lo siento before. I know that is one of the phrases I can use to say sorry but the person I was talking to never said anything back. I thought I said something wrong or what not. It felt like I just made another blunder. I was relieved to know here though that I was using the right one and learned some more thanks

It's possibly a long shot, but it might be because "lo siento," while correct and understood, is not used in every Spanish-speaking region. At least in Mexico City it feels like what we call colloquially "dub language;" which is to say it sounds a bit artificial compared to other words we'd use in those circumstances, like "perdón/disculpa."
That probably sounds weird, and I believe it's a cultural thing, but there are words and phrases we'd use over others compared to other cities or regions in this country, not to mention other countries.