Linguaholic

Meetup for practising your languages

anna3101

I've seen a thread about meetup in the Spanish subforum but it relates to any language really.

Have you ever used meetup as a way to meet native speakers in your city and practise your languages?

I've only tried it recently, and it seems to be a good starting place for meeting people that speak a particular language. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find groups for all the languages I am interested in, and I'm not brave enough to start my own.

What are your experiences? Have you ever used meetup or another similar site to practise your speaking skills?

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Not really no. I've never gone to any of these meet-ups, and I don't think I want to. They just seem awkward to me. If it works for others and help them learn their desired languages better then I say go on and do it, but I don't think it'd work very well for me. I'd just be all shy and end up making the entire thing awkward, and I don't plan to ruin anyone's learning experience anytime soon. That or I'd back out the moment I pronounce something wrong.