Linguaholic

Language daily calendars

anna3101

I wonder if anyone has ever had a daily calendar related to language learning. And if so, if you can recommend any particular publishers?

I always use a daily calendar, either at work or at home, or both. These are small things that that stand on your desk and you tear off one page each day. They come in all kinds of flavours (logical puzzle a day, cute kitten a day, famous quote a day, pie recipe a day and so on). Recently, I've seen that there are "learn language X" editions, most of them feature one word a day, with some examples of how to use it in the context. I'm really interested in trying it out, not as a way of seriously "learning" but as a pleasant and somewhat useful addition to my main learning process.

Maybe someone here already tried these? If so, what's your opinion? Were the words adequate to the level? I wouldn't want to see something too complicated in A1, or something too easy in B2...

I used to note all my language deadlines in Google Calendar, but I recently changed my goal from learning multiple major languages to just one language, so the deadlines no longer made sense.
But it doesn't mean I don't use my Google Calendar at all any more for language learning, I actually use it for all my appointments with my language teacher.
Any other activities (flash cards, apps, YouTube, music, etc.) I consider as stuff I do as much as possible (so I fill up the blank spaces on my calendar using these).

I can't be specific about my activities (most of them are NDA-covered), but in general:
Flash cards as soon as I wake up.
iTunes while doing my morning things (shower, breakfast, etc.).
Mornings are when I go to work and do either my game development or web development stuff. In the mean time I use Google Play Music (imported from iTunes) or YouTube.
Afternoons are when I practise Kanji on Wanikani or vocabulary/grammar on Memrise.
Late afternoons are either meetings with my language teacher or driving lessons (depending on the day). In the case of driving lessons, I don't do any language activities.
Early evenings are when I review whatever I did in the afternoons.
Then evening till night are when I just relax (mostly in Japanese, which is what I'm currently training).

The point saying this is: if you do this on a daily basis, it'll become automatic.
Once it's automatic, there is no need for a language calendar (or normal/digital calendar).

I used to note everything down, but then I did everything automatically because I got used to do all of this.

I own a Japanese one which teaches different "4 character idioms" every day. I keep it at work and it's really fun to study them when I have free time. I think they're a great for learning miscellaneous things that are often not taught in textbooks.

Thanks for the replies! @Miya, is yours by an international publisher? If so, could you tell me the name?

I've been thinking about Living Language calendars. They are quite expensive though, so I'm still hesitating but I think I'll go and buy at least one anyway. Save money on food :)