Linguaholic

Please help me translate one line into German

Hi Steve86

Ich habe einen Mann gesehen, der aufgrund einer Kollision mit einem Auto von seinem Fahrrad gestürzt ist. 

Something like that. Contains some additional info, though. (collision).

Regards

Lingua

It's amazing to me how many German words are similar to English words (Kollision).  Or maybe I should say how many English words are similar to German words.  I think it's neat how Kollision, Mann, Fahrrad and Auto are capitalized.  Why is that?  Are they proper nouns in German?  I haven't gotten to German yet.

On 4.12.2015, 12:28:29, czarina84 said:

It's amazing to me how many German words are similar to English words (Kollision).  Or maybe I should say how many English words are similar to German words.  I think it's neat how Kollision, Mann, Fahrrad and Auto are capitalized.  Why is that?  Are they proper nouns in German?  I haven't gotten to German yet.

They are not proper nouns. But in German you capitalize regular nouns and proper nouns in the same way. Why is that? I never really thought about that. I guess it is just some sort of convention. It probably makes readier a little bit easier, as it is very easy to spot nouns in a sentence. After all, nouns usually play a very important part in a sentence. In terms of importance, they usually rank second to verbs. 

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎56‎:‎31‎, linguaholic said:

They are not proper nouns. But in German you capitalize regular nouns and proper nouns in the same way. Why is that? I never really thought about that. I guess it is just some sort of convention. It probably makes readier a little bit easier, as it is very easy to spot nouns in a sentence. After all, nouns usually play a very important part in a sentence. In terms of importance, they usually rank second to verbs. 

That is very interesting.  Thank you for this bit of knowledge.