Linguaholic

Pimsleur Method

Trellum

Have you ever used any of the Pimsleur language courses?  I bought the course for learning dutch, I must say I'm quite impressed!  I was a bit disappointed tho, because I was taught a word that according to my boyfriend is bever used in colloquial dutch!  I felt kinda down, because I thought they really reasearched that kind of things...  I know my boyfriend is right tho, because he's a native dutch speaker who has lived almost his whole life in the Netherlands.

I just wanted to know if any of you had experienced this before?  I really like the Pimsleur method, and I want to believe this was just a very isolated event!  I want to complete this course, because this method makes language learning really fun; it seems to be extremely effective as well.

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Dear Trellum

There is already a hige thread aout the pimsleur method. you should be able to find plenty of answers there:

http://linguaholic.com/general-discussion/the-pimsleur-method-what-do-you-think-about-it/

regards Linguaholic

Oh, I'm really sorry!!! I hadn't seen it until now.  I just opened this one because I thought there wasn't a topic talking about this. My sincere apologies! I just joined the forum a couple of days ago; I think 3 days ago to be exact.