Blaveloper

For beginners: "What language should I learn"? "What is the easiest one"? (NOT MY QUESTION!)

My opinion on which language to learn has changed.  Sometimes the language chooses you regardless of what you think about the usefulness of any of the languages you want to learn.  My best languages are the ones that I was the most passionate about, not the ones that I thought would be the most useful to know. 

Blaveloper likes this

On 26.01.2017 at 0:08 AM, Filiger said:

When i was in Asian a dutch guy who was fluent in Malaysian told me that Malaysian is really easy : the grammar and conjugation would be like typical asian language (so quite easy), the writing would use "roman" letters most of the time and every letter would be prounounced. I have no idea about this language ! Does someone here share the same opinion  than this guy I met in Asian ?

If you are going to live in Malaysia - learn this beautiful language. If you are not going to live there - then why?

I didn't write that I wanted to learn this language ...

But anyway I don't think we really need to live in a country for starting to learn a language :) Firstly there is the challenge to master an "exotic" language and apparently this one is quite easy to learn (writing + speaking + understanding). Secondly it must be nice to order in a Malaysian Restaurant in their own language. Thirdly why noy having holidays here quite often ? It is not so expensive and this country looks promising. Fourtly and why not working there ? KL looks like being an amazing city. There are lot of Malaysian also in Singapore etc.

On 3/17/2016 at 4:15 AM, reverserewind said:

There is no such thing as an easy language. The level of difficulty totally depends on how much difference there is between your mother tongue and the one you would like to master.

I agree with this!!!!

There is no such thing. Each language has its own flavour. Being easy or difficult is completely relative.

Arabic for example is perceived by many people as a very tough language. Knowing this, I explain Arabic words and sentences slowly and stress on how the word is pronounced and written. For me as a native, it is different.

If you think a particular language is difficult, this may also depend on how close this language to your own language. For instance, an Italian speaker may consider learning French way much easier than learning Chinese or Arabic. Again it is all relative. 

I would say

'Practice makes perfect' - the most difficult language in the world - again, relative to you - will become easy with practice :)

On 9/11/2017 at 5:44 PM, Maria French said:

I agree with this

i think you should to learn English.

Bonjour! 

I agree that you are write. Recently I found a beginner's English Book on amazon.com for new learners. I find it easy. Tres facile! That book is at 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0755GMG6J    One is in french edition and other is in English edition. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07572RW46

I believe that any language is able to be learned. However, having a mother tongue that comes from the same language family such as a Latin can definitely help as you will be familiar with certain root words and sounds. If anyone is interested in studying Spanish, I have started a YouTube channel called Españoliza Tu Vida to provide lessons for anyone who is interested in starting. You can find the channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFgcbSRQddXuprnSJGBS3FA 

I hope you enjoy them and the best of luck to everyone on their language journeys!