Linguaholic

Grüezi!

Rumpelstilzli

..and hello to everybody! 

As you can hear I am Swiss, and living in the Swiss-German part of Switzerland. I'm used to hear many languages since I was a kid. You may know, that we have three official languages: German, French, Italian, and one inofficial: Romansh. 

We might have regions in there's just one spoken language, but all products on here are written in the three languages - and if I'm abroad anywhere, I'm always looking for the German writing on the products, but as you can guess already, without any success! 

Anyway, I'm actually trying to study three languages: 

English, because it's a language that all can speak, even if it's just a little or a few words it is the most used language to communicate international. And to me, it sounds very cool! ^^ You guys are speaking in riddles with all your slang. BUT.. One day, I'll solve it, that's the Rumpelstilzli mission. I focus on the American English. 

French,  because I love to hear that sound! You do know what I mean, don't you? ^^ It's like music in my ear and balm to my soul. Even though we had French in the school, I've lost a lot. Fortunately, I understand simple sentences very well - nah, not just "Bonjour, comment ça va?". I try here a restart, and I hope that I'll be succesful! 

Spanish, because it's on fire! I always connect this language with spirited and passionate life!  ..and of course some vacation too ^^ It's a language in where I am a total beginner. I mean really, I just know "hola". So therefore, I'll start with to get some vocabulary, and I'll be happy already! 

I don't learn any languages by grammar rules, honestly I have no idea about any kind of grammar, but I trust into my intuition. We'll see in the future how far it  gets me. 

Well, enough blah blah for now! I'm looking forward to have a good language learning exchange on here, and can't wait to read about all your experiences, ideas, and and and! 

..see you soon on here! 

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

¡Bienvenida, amiga! I'm very impressed with your knowledge on languages - truly. I myself am passionate about languages. However, my approach to it requires hands-on learning rather than learning by reading endless paragraphs as to how each word (or anything) functions. It gets boring, you know? Haha. I'm curious about your Spanish; do you speak Latin or Castilian Spanish?

7 hours ago, Rumpelstilzli said:

As you can hear I am Swiss, and living in the Swiss-German part of Switzerland. I'm used to hear many languages since I was a kid. You may know, that we have three official languages: German, French, Italian, and one inofficial: Romansh. 

We might have regions in there's just one spoken language, but all products on here are written in the three languages - and if I'm abroad anywhere, I'm always looking for the German writing on the products, but as you can guess already, without any success! 

English, because it's a language that all can speak, even if it's just a little or a few words it is the most used language to communicate international. And to me, it sounds very cool! ^^ You guys are speaking in riddles with all your slang. BUT.. One day, I'll solve it, that's the Rumpelstilzli mission. I focus on the American English. 

French,  because I love to hear that sound! You do know what I mean, don't you? ^^ It's like music in my ear and balm to my soul. Even though we had French in the school, I've lost a lot. Fortunately, I understand simple sentences very well - nah, not just "Bonjour, comment ça va?". I try here a restart, and I hope that I'll be succesful! 

Spanish, because it's on fire! I always connect this language with spirited and passionate life!  ..and of course some vacation too ^^ It's a language in where I am a total beginner. I mean really, I just know "hola". So therefore, I'll start with to get some vocabulary, and I'll be happy already! 

I don't learn any languages by grammar rules, honestly I have no idea about any kind of grammar, but I trust into my intuition. We'll see in the future how far it  gets me. 

Well, enough blah blah for now! I'm looking forward to have a good language learning exchange on here, and can't wait to read about all your experiences, ideas, and and and! 

..see you soon on here! 

Grüezi. Schön mau e angere Schwizer ds xeh i mim Sprachforum. :=) D Wäut isch haut glich relativ chli. Hoffe jedefaus, das du hie im Forum viu Spass hesch und de chli öppis für dini Zilsprachä chasch drzue lehrä! Häbs guet 

LG us Luzern

Lingua

PS: Wennd no nach guete Site zum Spanisch lehrä und Französisch lehrä suechsch, de wirfsch vilech am beschte mau no e Blick hie inä:

http://linguaholic.com/forum/75-online-language-learning-resources/

@ornstein haha! I totally agree with you! A language never should get boring, right? Umm, good question.. I never thought before about which kind of Spanish I want to learn. You just made me headache! No, really, lol. So that's why I visited now Google to understand what the differences are, and guess what? I'd rather learn Catalan than Spanish, lmao! The reason for that is, I like the Balearic Islands plus I want to visit Barcelona one time. I struggle a bit now, because I like to learn languages which are useful, so therefore I'd say Castillian, I read that it's easier to change from Castillian to Latin than vice versa. But on the other side, why should I learn Spanish, when I need Catalan more? 

@linguaholic Ja, hoi du! Das isch ja cool, han grad freud!! Aber nach dim Dialekt söttsch du eher en Berner sii, oder? Ich bin ämel en Zürcher im schöne Bernbiet, haha! Und jetzt weissi au, werum unter Sprache als Biispiel "Swiss-German" gstande isch! Ich han dänkt gha, ok, ich hetti jetzt eifach "German" gschriebe, aber suscht machis halt gnau. Ich find dis Forum super. Ich chume nämli langsam aber sicher es schöns durenand mitem lerne über, weiss nöd so gnau werum, aber irgendwiä hät mi grad chli ds Sprachefieber packt und um chli Ornig ine z'bringe, hani dänkt gha, es Forum woni chli cha uflischte wenni was wett lerne, wer scho ke seich, haha! Und danke füre Tipp! Aber we du villicht obe gläse häsch, sötti gschieder Katalanisch we Spanisch lerne.. Diä Sprache sind ja anschiinend überhaupt nöd mitenand verwandt! Liäbi Grüess usem schöne Bernbiet : ) 

8 hours ago, Rumpelstilzli said:

..see you soon on here! 

@Rumpelstilzli Ah luschtig. Das mit em 'Swiss-German' isch mr ou mau ufgfalle, hani aber inzwüsche scho lang wider vergässe. Das hani ursprünglech gar nid aus 'Vorlag' dänkt gha, aber irgendwie hets es när als Vorlag abgspicheret. Aber du hesch scho rächt, isch scho nid so wahnsinnig repräsentativ für di meischte Lüt uf dere Wäut :=) Und ja, ig bi Bärner, aso eigentlech Bieler, aber in Biel red me fasch genau glich wie in Bärn, aso jedefaus wenn me Dütschschwizer isch. Französisch chani zum Glück aber ou, Biel isch ja bekanntlech bilingue. Wohne aber itze sit eme haube Jahr in Luzärn. Gfaut mr mega guet dert. Schön, dass de im Sprachfieber bisch. Bini scho immer xi und wirdi äuä ou immer blibe. So Sprache lehrä isch scho öppis mega spannends und faszinierends!

@linguaholic ach, chum scho! Ich has ämel herzig gfunde "Swiss-German" dörfe z'läse! =) Na ja, s'isch scho es birebitz anderscht we das Berndüütsch vo da. Ihr tüend no meh französischi Wörter verdüütsche ^^ Ich erinnere mich ads Grosi vo mim ma mit ihrem: Häsch du cocolüsche? und ich.. han nume es riesigs Fragezeiche gha! Mir sind letschti übrigens ds Twann xi =) Und woni döte ids Resti ds WC gsuecht ha (wo au es Hotel isch), hani so ds Personal und d'lüüt ghört Französisch, Düütsch durenand rede.. Ich ha de Moment gliebt! 

5 hours ago, Rumpelstilzli said:

@linguaholic ach, chum scho! Ich has ämel herzig gfunde "Swiss-German" dörfe z'läse! =) Na ja, s'isch scho es birebitz anderscht we das Berndüütsch vo da. Ihr tüend no meh französischi Wörter verdüütsche ^^ Ich erinnere mich ads Grosi vo mim ma mit ihrem: Häsch du cocolüsche? und ich.. han nume es riesigs Fragezeiche gha! Mir sind letschti übrigens ds Twann xi =) Und woni döte ids Resti ds WC gsuecht ha (wo au es Hotel isch), hani so ds Personal und d'lüüt ghört Französisch, Düütsch durenand rede.. Ich ha de Moment gliebt! 

@Rumpelstilzli hehe. Ja, was das ageit, isch Biel scho sehr cool. Isch ou süsch rächt e spezielle Ort, wo mega viu Kulture ufenang pralle. Het scho öppis, dä Ort :=) und das mit em Französisch-Ifluss bi de Dütschschwizer us Biel stimmt natürlech ou. Hät da ou no es paar gueti Sache uf Lager gloubs :=)