I would like to suggest a section created for anything else where members can discuss life, experiences and challenges. This could be a magnet for many to come to the site to express themselves on a particular thread or discussion.

Well, I am definitely agree with this idea, there should be a general discussions section indeed, SUPPORTED!

Me too, I agree with this and support the idea. I have plenty of ideas for topics in a "General Discussion" as well as language based ones. A "General Discussion" would also be great for people to practise languages too and talk about hobbies, news etc.

Good idea!  It's fun getting to know people that way.  It's sometimes fun to talk about pets and vacations and jobs and hobbies and such, and it's a good way to learn new words about those kinds of things.

Well I would second this.  I would say that one of the benefits of having the subject matter being different languages, I am willing to bet that there are a lot of different interests and abilities and knowledge bases here, so it would be great to be able to "chew the fat", as they say, a little bit with everyone.  I am actually not sure if anyone still says that anymore, but hopefully people still know what it means.  I like the idea, though.

Well, 500 posts is a good threshold for that forum. Hopefully, by the time I get there I will have mastered a few languages already. I like to stay focused anyways. Although, I wouldn't mind being part of hangouts or webinars so as to learn alongside my fellow members.

linguaholic likes this

When I select some words with my mouse cursor, the annoying tab "Quote this" pops up. Can I disable this popping up stuff somehow?

I didn't find specific topic on user settings of this forum, so I decided to ask here.

4 hours ago, Orbb said:

When I select some words with my mouse cursor, the annoying tab "Quote this" pops up. Can I disable this popping up stuff somehow?

I didn't find specific topic on user settings of this forum, so I decided to ask here.

could you please show me a screenshot of that? What browser are you using?

14 hours ago, linguaholic said:

could you please show me a screenshot of that? What browser are you using?

Firefox

Безымянный.JPG