Linguaholic

Mucho gusto y/und Hallo!

Myth Eater

Hola, me llamo Myth Eater, o Carly actualmente. Estoy aprendiendo español y alemán. Uso Duolingo, Memrise, libros y periodicos en español, pero ahora quiero practicar interacción con otras personas. Creo este lugar ayudará a mi cerebro piense en idiomas diferentes.

Whew. Even that was a mental workout. Now for the English version.

So, yes. I'm Myth Eater, or Carly, whichever you'd prefer. I'm currently learning Spanish (from Mexico/Latin America rather than Spain, if you want to get specific) and German. I already use programs like Duolingo, Memrise, and any books or newspapers I can get my hands on to help, but I really want to start interacting with other people to force my brain to think in these other languages.

My Spanish is still pretty tentative as far as putting real sentences together, but I can read and understand the gist of most text pretty well at this point. At least I think I can. We'll see. My German is nascent, and includes simple things like: das Brot ist gut, und ich habe Hunger. Beginning basics, in other words.

I look forward to learning anything I can, and maybe unwittingly helping out others with English or even what I've learned of other tongues. Hasta luego y/und danke!
:D

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

16 hours ago, Myth Eater said:

Hola, me llamo Myth Eater, o Carly actualmente. Estoy aprendiendo español y alemán. Uso Duolingo, Memrise, libros y periodicos en español, pero ahora quiero practicar interacción con otras personas. Creo este lugar ayudará a mi cerebro piense en idiomas diferentes.

Whew. Even that was a mental workout. Now for the English version.

So, yes. I'm Myth Eater, or Carly, whichever you'd prefer. I'm currently learning Spanish (from Mexico/Latin America rather than Spain, if you want to get specific) and German. I already use programs like Duolingo, Memrise, and any books or newspapers I can get my hands on to help, but I really want to start interacting with other people to force my brain to think in these other languages.

My Spanish is still pretty tentative as far as putting real sentences together, but I can read and understand the gist of most text pretty well at this point. At least I think I can. We'll see. My German is nascent, and includes simple things like: das Brot ist gut, und ich habe Hunger. Beginning basics, in other words.

I look forward to learning anything I can, and maybe unwittingly helping out others with English or even what I've learned of other tongues. Hasta luego y/und danke!
:D

Welcome Myth Eater

Thanks for this great introduction of yourself! I am sure you will have lots of fun here!

See you in the threads

Lingua