Linguaholic

I am Back!!

Hello from Sarajevo,

I used to be very active around here and then I had to finish my BA thesis and I started my MA course, so I didn't really have enough time. Now, though, I think I might be back. I am not really sure yet. At the moment, I am busy with the exams, but they should be over by 10th of June. Then I have to help organise a language conference. Anyway, I hope to stay. The first thing I am going to do after this "introduction" or rather re-introduction is my beloved Latin section. I can't wait to see whether someone had started learning it. I'd left a lot of grammar there, so hopefully, despite my absence, some people took interest in it.

I'd wanted to return before, but I couldn't remember the password to either my account here or my email, which is no longer active. It took me quite a few tries to figure it out, but eventually, I did, after half an hour or so.

Well, I was really surprised when I typed in linguaholic.com and the new background flashed at me! Such a great improvement!! I must admit that I was amazed. It looks great! The red looks really good.

Anyway, that's mostly it. I'll only add a few things about me: I am a student of the English language and I also have a great interest in many other languages. I speak some German and I used to study Latin and Ancient Greek as well. I may enroll into a German course this summer, to refresh my knowledge. I am afraid I am getting rusty. Oh, and I'd really like to study Japanese. The grammar is so fascinating. It helps that whenever I read about generative grammar (which is my field of interest), people keep constantly mentioning Japanese!! So, one day....

Aurelia

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Hey, welcome back! I agree that Japanese is a very interesting and inspiring language and it also has a lot of material that warrants the learning of it. Also if you ever wanted to teach English in a country, Japan would probably be a pretty good one!

8 hours ago, AureliaeLacrimae said:

Hello from Sarajevo,

I used to be very active around here and then I had to finish my BA thesis and I started my MA course, so I didn't really have enough time. Now, though, I think I might be back. I am not really sure yet. At the moment, I am busy with the exams, but they should be over by 10th of June. Then I have to help organise a language conference. Anyway, I hope to stay. The first thing I am going to do after this "introduction" or rather re-introduction is my beloved Latin section. I can't wait to see whether someone had started learning it. I'd left a lot of grammar there, so hopefully, despite my absence, some people took interest in it.

I'd wanted to return before, but I couldn't remember the password to either my account here or my email, which is no longer active. It took me quite a few tries to figure it out, but eventually, I did, after half an hour or so.

Well, I was really surprised when I typed in linguaholic.com and the new background flashed at me! Such a great improvement!! I must admit that I was amazed. It looks great! The red looks really good.

Anyway, that's mostly it. I'll only add a few things about me: I am a student of the English language and I also have a great interest in many other languages. I speak some German and I used to study Latin and Ancient Greek as well. I may enroll into a German course this summer, to refresh my knowledge. I am afraid I am getting rusty. Oh, and I'd really like to study Japanese. The grammar is so fascinating. It helps that whenever I read about generative grammar (which is my field of interest), people keep constantly mentioning Japanese!! So, one day....

Aurelia

Welcome Back! Very happy to have you here again!

Best

Lingua

Congratulations with your degree(s) and welcome back (although I don't think we know each other).

And no, not just the background changed here, the whole forum software changed.
We used to run on SMF here, now we run on IP.Board.
I would have chosen something more lightweight (like my own forum software #bragmodeoff), but that's Linguaholic's choice, not mine. :P