Linguaholic

Best App to Learn Chinese

glreese

I'm looking for the best app to learn Mandarin Chinese. I need something so I can practice and don't lose everything over the summer that I learned last year. I need to be ready for next semester. Preferably an app that lets you practice the strokes of writing the characters.

• 1 month later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

• 1 month later...

I am currently using Hello Chinese -  its an android app. I am not sure if there is an iOS version. There are a lot of apps out there for this purpose, but I found this app useful because it not only teaches you the phonetics, it also teaches you how to write and understand written Mandarin, simultaneously. While, I am still a relative beginner, at least I can talk and understand basic things and have practiced the Chinese "alphabets" well thanks to this app.

I have been meaning to try to get started learning a little Chinese for some time now, but life and work just seem to always get in the way.  I actually have a lot of friends who are getting into it more and more for business, so I kind of feel left behind a little bit.  Hello Chinese sounds like one that would be pretty simple, though, so I will definitely have to look into that, so thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/08/2017 at 7:18 AM, tracy18 said:

try flashcards from Cram.com. They helped me a lot in mastering French. 

Great resource! Thanks for sharing it. I am going to use it for my German, Portuguese, and French learning processes.