Linguaholic

New Tool for Language Learners and Travelers

Hey everyone. I've been working on a website for language learners and travelers and would like to share it here. It is called UPhrasebookThe video would explain it better.

Why I've decided to make something like this?

• Many successful language learners say it is better to learn phrases instead of single words.
  • I didn't find anything quite like this online.

Forvo is great for checking pronunciation. Although, this is the only thing it is good for. Plus it mostly works with single words. Google Translate and other machine translators often make awful translations and have artificial voices with weird intonations to voice out the words. The phrases you find in printed phrasebooks and online often don't have any explanations and might be weird and unnatural.

At the moment there's still a lot of work to be done, but the core functionality is ready. I've already opened the registration for the public and would like to invite everyone to register and make some translations and record pronunciations to share your language knowledge with others. I've already done some translations myself (mostly from Russian, so check it out if you're learning Russian).

Would love to get some feedback and suggestions as well.