Linguaholic

Help needed to identify script/language

jeanpaulraven

Hello, I'm new to this site. I have found some very old family documents written in a language and script I don't recognise. All I can tell is that it seems to be written from right to left. Although some of my ancestors were Jewish, this doesn't look like Hebrew to me. Can anyone help me identify the language so that I can have them translated? (Please see attachment - I have a few more but the site won't allow me to upload more than a few MB...)

Thanks in advance

Jean-Paul R.

Foreign Letter 3_001.jpg

25 minutes ago, jeanpaulraven said:

Hello, I'm new to this site. I have found some very old family documents written in a language and script I don't recognise. All I can tell is that it seems to be written from right to left. Although some of my ancestors were Jewish, this doesn't look like Hebrew to me. Can anyone help me identify the language so that I can have them translated? (Please see attachment - I have a few more but the site won't allow me to upload more than a few MB...)

Thanks in advance

Jean-Paul R.

Foreign Letter 3_001.jpg

wow, that's really interesting. Thank you for uploading this document, Paul! I will also try to help you find out what language this is. If you want, you can send me the other pages via e-mail and I will upload them here as well. 

Best, Lingua

Thanks. I posted this on another site too and someone has identified it as "cursive" Hebrew. Now I just need to find someone to translate it for me. I've also attached a postcard I need translating.

Would any Hebrew speakers out there care to help?

Regards,

JP

Foreign Postcard_001.jpg

1 hour ago, jeanpaulraven said:

Thanks. I posted this on another site too and someone has identified it as "cursive" Hebrew. Now I just need to find someone to translate it for me. I've also attached a postcard I need translating.

Would any Hebrew speakers out there care to help?

Regards,

JP

Foreign Postcard_001.jpg

I am glad to hear someone figured it out! Good luck with the translation.