7 posts in this topic

It's not my site but...

I believe you all might find it useful. WordBrewery is a new website that pulls sentences from the news. They are then categorized by level and topic. There's also a search bar so you can find specific words in context. Audio, translation, and the source article are included.

It's also possible to save words and sentences to lists, and export these to Anki.

It's currently free to use. Like every other app, all you need to do is register.

Personally...

I use it for German, as it doesn't have Hindi yet. But it's rather nice, because it's hard to find advanced materials for many languages I'm interested in, such as Modern Greek and Arabic. I use it as a warm up and to find context to words. I'm also considering using Anki, so if I decide to, I'll start exporting all my lists.

Current Languages:

• Arabic
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Italian
  • Portuguese
  • English
  • Swedish
  • Russian
  • Serbian
  • Japanese
  • Modern Greek
  • Polish
  • Hungarian
  • Ukrainian
  • Norwegian 
  • Korean 
  • Chinese
  • German
Nicolay Shinkin likes this

On 2/11/2017 at 10:37 AM, Nicolay Shinkin said:

Wow! A huge number of languages!

That's true! I was very excited to see that they have Modern Greek. A few years ago I could barely find anything for it. Over time I assume they will continue adding languages.

This website looks indeed promising :) I will work on it to improve in Spanish. I wonder is it totally free ?

On 2/15/2017 at 10:08 PM, Filiger said:

This website looks indeed promising I will work on it to improve in Spanish. I wonder is it totally free ?

Their Spanish has native audio, I think, for the beginner levels. 

They just released the premium subscription, so you have to pay to get access to all the features. But even the free package is nice if you want to try it out. 
I'm considering buying the subscription, honestly, because I study more than one language and they said the subscription money is going towards providing more services.

Update:

WordBrewery is looking for learners to help report site bugs and give feedback. They are willing to offer a 1-month free premium subscription for those who are interested in helping out. As WB is a start-up and doesn't have funding, it is highly dependent on its users. The benefit being that WB generally listens to its users and reads every message in an effort to improve. ^_^ 

Please let me know if you are interested in helping out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By marta157
      If you want to speak Spanish with confidence, I recommend you take spanish course in Barcelona with me, for beginners as well as for advanced students. 
      With my walk class tour you will able to learn spanish in a natural way and in a real situation.
      I also have for you:
      Conversational Classes This course focuses on conversational Spanish and provides examples for each topic. This will not only help you understand the rules of grammar but will give you a feel for how the grammar is applied. Classes For Beginners Learn basic Spanish and discover the Spanish-speaking world. Whether you want to learn Spanish to go on holiday, use it for work or study, or simply give your brain a boost. Spanish lessons for students with dyslexia In Martaspanishclass we have a different approach to teach Spanish for students with dyslexia. Dyslexic students can learn Spanish language quite successfully. The material  in our lessons is much more visually and specialty adapted to dyslexia. Some people are more receptive to audio channels of learning, others to visual, so using a combination of the two can be really effective. Face to face lessons in Barcelona City Our face-to-face classes are tailor-made, so that they adapt perfectly to the different needs, objectives and learning pace of each student. We understand that there are people who need to learn Spanish for a specific purpose and for this reason we offer our on-site teaching service individually for those who wish to receive a customized learning program. You can find us also in Teacher Finder Do you really want to start speaking Spanish with confidence? So, let me help you with that! 
    • By Spanish_and_Arts
      Hi everyone! Thanks for reading.
      My name is Tania. I'm a native Spanish Teacher who teaches Spanish Online on Skype. This is my website, from it I want to help you to master Spanish. Have a look!
      Visit the website

My lessons will clearly suit you if:
      1. You are an absolute beginner or an intermediate student and you want to learn Spanish comfortably from home, coffee shop...
      2. You want to learn through something engaging, dynamic that keeps you motivated.
      3. You are curious about/like/love some kind of Spanish art, such as monuments, paintings, movies, series...
      4. You want to take personalised lessons which perfectly suit you needs (practice just some skils, Survival Spanish, General Spanish, for academic or work purposes...).
      You can book a free trial lesson to see how it works. It's great, I promise! And NO STRINGS ATTACHED!

• By pallantejm
      We're growing our #Slack community of language teachers who'd like to share resources and materials! 
      Join now!