Linguaholic

It's not my site but...

I believe you all might find it useful. WordBrewery is a new website that pulls sentences from the news. They are then categorized by level and topic. There's also a search bar so you can find specific words in context. Audio, translation, and the source article are included.

It's also possible to save words and sentences to lists, and export these to Anki.

It's currently free to use. Like every other app, all you need to do is register.

Personally...

I use it for German, as it doesn't have Hindi yet. But it's rather nice, because it's hard to find advanced materials for many languages I'm interested in, such as Modern Greek and Arabic. I use it as a warm up and to find context to words. I'm also considering using Anki, so if I decide to, I'll start exporting all my lists.

Current Languages:

• Arabic
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Italian
  • Portuguese
  • English
  • Swedish
  • Russian
  • Serbian
  • Japanese
  • Modern Greek
  • Polish
  • Hungarian
  • Ukrainian
  • Norwegian 
  • Korean 
  • Chinese
  • German

• 3 weeks later...

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

On 2/11/2017 at 10:37 AM, Nicolay Shinkin said:

Wow! A huge number of languages!

That's true! I was very excited to see that they have Modern Greek. A few years ago I could barely find anything for it. Over time I assume they will continue adding languages.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:08 PM, Filiger said:

This website looks indeed promising I will work on it to improve in Spanish. I wonder is it totally free ?

Their Spanish has native audio, I think, for the beginner levels. 

They just released the premium subscription, so you have to pay to get access to all the features. But even the free package is nice if you want to try it out. 
I'm considering buying the subscription, honestly, because I study more than one language and they said the subscription money is going towards providing more services.

• 1 month later...

Update:

WordBrewery is looking for learners to help report site bugs and give feedback. They are willing to offer a 1-month free premium subscription for those who are interested in helping out. As WB is a start-up and doesn't have funding, it is highly dependent on its users. The benefit being that WB generally listens to its users and reads every message in an effort to improve. ^_^ 

Please let me know if you are interested in helping out.