Sign in to follow this  
Nicolay Shinkin

Decomposition of the Chinese Character 天 tiān ‘sky’ Poll

Which decomposition option of the Chinese character tiān ‘sky’ is correct?

1. èr two, rén man

2. yī one, dà big

3. yī one, dà big, yī one, rén man

4. yī one, yī one, dà big, yī one, rén man

5. All options are correct

In terms of radicals, all options are correct.
Radicals only serve for you to easily remember the characters really.

For example:
二+人=天。 → "There are two people high in the sky".
一+大=天。 → "There is only one sky, and it's big".

And so on.

48 minutes ago, Blaveloper said:

In terms of radicals, all options are correct.
Radicals only serve for you to easily remember the characters really.

For example:
二+人=天。 → "There are two people high in the sky".
一+大=天。 → "There is only one sky, and it's big".

And so on.

What can you say about Option 4?

Option 4 is too much radicals actually.
You can use radicals as building blocks, you can't merge them.

8 hours ago, Blaveloper said:

Option 4 is too much radicals actually.
You can use radicals as building blocks, you can't merge them.

Don't you think that Option 4 is not quite correct? Radical èr 'two' is missing. When we analyze the Chinese character tiān ‘sky’ we can't do without èr 'two'. Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me, friend! ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MLLJ
      Hi everyone
      I love learning languages. It is my passion!
      I started a blog where I share my journey of learning languages. I try to explain the things that I studied and learned in a simple way,  I believe that it is a good practice for me.
      If you are interested in learning Japanese, Korean or Chinese, please take a look at my blog, you might like it!
      https://mylanguageslearningjourney.blogspot.com/2017/11/japanese-another-usage-of.html#more

• By jensonm
      I can easily memorize 20 words a day if play daily. But like all study, really need to study consistently. Now I able to recognise 300+ words just from this app
      Playstore:- Learn Memorize Chinese
      Blog:- http://learn-memorize-chinese.blogspot.my/2016/04/this-is-website-that-can-enable-you-to.html

• By jensonm
      I can easily memorize 20 words a day if play daily. But like all study, really need to study consistently. Now I able to recognise 300+ words just from this app
      Playstore:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jensonm.learnchineselite
      Blog:- http://learn-memorize-chinese.blogspot.my/2016/04/this-is-website-that-can-enable-you-to.html
      Youtube:-

• By juancarlos
      Hi everyone!
      I want to talk you about Parlam, a website where you can fins online transaltion jobs.
      Parlam is a market place for translators and for  the person who need them, a place to find the others. 
      This model of the marketplace connect both parties and offers several advantages. From the perspective of the complainant, he will be able to have native translators in several languages, including minority ones, receiving a professional service. For the translator, this business model allows you to earn peace of mind because it ensures the collection and fairer margins, thanks to the elimination of intermediaries.
      Parlam was born seven years ago in Barcelona with a platform that helps large companies manage large volumes of translations in multiple languages. In addition to great savings, Parlam allows you to manage 1,000 simultaneous translations in 10 languages, with many translators and proofreaders, without having to send a single file or email. All automated through its platform.
      Check the website to find more information!

• By NoAccount
      Hey there! I'm a 20-year-old English guy and I'd like to practice any of these languages:
      French (Intermediate) Italian (Intermediate) Spanish (Intermediate) Portuguese (Beginner) Irish (Beginner) Mandarin (Beginner) I find it useful doing a penpal thing through emails but I'd be up for other things like Skype etc. Let me know