Linguaholic

Tanya here :)

tanyaellims

Hi all! I'm Tanya, 20 from Thailand :) 

My mother tongue is Thai and, well, I won't call myself fluent in English but I get by. Still have to work on improving my grammar.

I'm currently learning Japanese. Just passed JLPT N4 last year and have visited Japan on my own several times.

I used to study Latin but I dropped it because my main study program requires full-time attention, so all languages other than Thai and English are studied in free time. I found it quite useful in my field of study, though. Might consider picking it up again one day. I might be able to help the community with Thai, Latin and Japanese.

I'm also a beginner in German with no experience at all. I'm still worried I won't be able to master the cases and declensions, and only a handful of people speak German where I am, but I'll do my best! My highest goals in learning German are to speak acceptable German and read research papers especially in legal field for comparative studies. I also wish to pursue higher education in Germany.

If you're reading this I hope you have a nice day :D

1 hour ago, tanyaellims said:

Hi all! I'm Tanya, 20 from Thailand :) 

My mother tongue is Thai and, well, I won't call myself fluent in English but I get by. Still have to work on improving my grammar.

I'm currently learning Japanese. Just passed JLPT N4 last year and have visited Japan on my own several times.

I used to study Latin but I dropped it because my main study program requires full-time attention, so all languages other than Thai and English are studied in free time. I found it quite useful in my field of study, though. Might consider picking it up again one day. I might be able to help the community with Thai, Latin and Japanese.

I'm also a beginner in German with no experience at all. I'm still worried I won't be able to master the cases and declensions, and only a handful of people speak German where I am, but I'll do my best! My highest goals in learning German are to speak acceptable German and read research papers especially in legal field for comparative studies. I also wish to pursue higher education in Germany.

If you're reading this I hope you have a nice day :D

Welcome Tanya! Thank you for your introduction. Very interesting indeed. Feel free to ask me anything about German. I hope I can be of some help.

Best

Lingua

Welcome Tanya !!

Your introduction is quite impressive indeed :P I studies also a bit latin but I forgot all XD

I hope you will enjoy being there with us !

Have a nice day !

• 1 month later...

Hi Tanya! Excellent introduction. I would like to learn English better so I signed in to Verbalplanet website and had one free lesson there. It was great! My teacher Nada was very kind and friendly. I plan to keep going to her lessons to learn more :)