Sign in to follow this  
gjp

Translating French expressions to English

Hi,

Could someone help me with some expressions/sentences I don't understand or don't find the right expression in English? It's needed for a translation project and it's really important! Thank you!

1. Ca te fait quelque chose.
2. On va baliser le terrain! Mais il n'y a rien á baliser. (couple at the airport, waiting for their baggages)
3. Même la crevette elle nous a regardé elle a dit "j'te jure moi aussi j'trouve c'est abusé".
4. C'est comme ça faut s'y faire hein... 
5. Elle m'a quitté. Je fait le malin mais c'est moi qui ai pas assuré. 
6. Moi j'ai des copains ils ont l'air bien avec leur chérie. Je leur dis "tu l'aimes ?" Ils me répondent "vite fait".
7. Je fais le malin alors que...  qu'elle m'a quité cette fille. 
8. Ca c'est très français de bouger tout le corps. C'est pas un jugement c'est un constat.  Il y a qu'en france ou il y a des mecs qui disent  "dit donc, faut que j'te dise un truc parce que y'a pas mal de gens  qui au niveau de l'entreprise,  m'ont parlé de pas mal de dossiers. Faudrait que j'ten parle j'ai euh... quand même euh... quelqu'un qu'est sur le coup et puis va falloir qu'on en parle 
parce que hier c'est vrai que toi t'es venu de l'autre côté euh..."
9. Y'a qu'en france ou au milieu d'une phrase on peut donner un petit coup de sifflet personne te dit rien. Genre euh... "dit donc, va falloir le faire, les autres euh... y sont là et uuuuiiiiit de l'autre côté. L'autre il répond, il surenchérit même, il dit même pas qu'il... non... "Eh m'en parle pas hier ils étaient carrément uuuuiiit et moi uuuuhuuuu."
10. Ils matent le steak.
11. Un mec qui aurait le forfait sommeil quoi. 
12. Quand tu commences à fredonner des chansons tu sais euh... super anciennes avec l'air vachement habité comme ça 
et que chaque intro de chanson tu te la prends dans la tête.
13. Dodelinage (some kind of head movement to music?)
14. Tu fais le foufu (while dancing)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Filiger
      Good morning dear learners

If you are interested in learning French I can propose you a great place. It is a French group on Facebook. I created this group yesterday (and I have already more than 200 people inside ! It is amazing). 

How does this group work ?  Every week I propose an article from a famous newspaper and I make my followers read it, study it. I will propose soon some podcasts also to help my followers improving their listening skills. Of course it is 100% free.
      Concept : Learn French language by reading and listening current news from French Newspaper 
      So if you are interested in it do not hesitate to join us ! Here is the link : THE DAILY FRENCH

Cheers

• By WanderlustGraffitti
      This article offers a ton of apps, tools and games for learning French -- all of them fun and free! https://www.clozemaster.com/blog/ways-learn-french-free/
    • By WanderlustGraffitti
      How long do you have to study French to become Fluent? Is there a certain number of hours per day that's proven to work? I found some great articles on this topic, including the one below from Clozemaster. Does anyone else have ideas or thoughts on how to learn French fast?
      https://www.clozemaster.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-to-learn-french/
      Thanks!
    • By Kitsich
      The best way to improve your English is to speak it every day doing real things. Take these idioms into service: Idioms examples
      Use the selected quotes, idioms, phrases and expressions. Learn and improve your English skills - Yanglish.com. For example: good morning beautiful quotes for her . These quotes are the experiences of great people, these thoughts are tips from successful and famous.
    • By Jen2680
      Bonjour,
      I just launched a Kickstarter project for a French Conversation Starter Pin and wanted to promote it to fellow French language learners. The pin is designed to connect people as they wait for coffee, eat lunch, wait for a bus, etc.  Two people standing in line waiting for coffee would not know they both speak (or are learning) French so the French Conversation Starter Pin announces this with “Je voudrais pratiquer le français”.  This can spark a conversation that offers extra practice and a chance to meet a great person over the shared love of French.  The pin is antique silver/enamel, 51mm in height (2 inches) with the Eiffel tower and French flag colors- very gender neutral.  You can find the project on Kickstarter.com, search "French" and you can find information on FB by searching "Practically French" which is the page I set up for the project.  Each pin is $10 with free US shipping.  
      Thanks!
       Merci Beaucoup!