Serrrgio

Lingostan [all languages]: learning and teaching

Now that I've been using it for a couple of weeks I can say taht it works properly, both in a technical and a economical level. I've found this online learning platform looking for skype exchanges with French and Italian natives (in free plafforms almost nobody show up even in the first meeting). At the first moment I said "oh oh, pay..." but actually is not bad. Registration is free and rates are fixed by teachers (qualified natives) and tutors (natives). Since my goal is to learn some Italian and practise French for free, I've become tutor, and help other guys to learn Spanish; and I use that money to learn Italian and French.

It works, so I wanted to share it with you. I was on time for opening great offer, I don't know if it's still running...

Ah, the link: http://www.lingostan.com

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Serrrgio said:

Now that I've been using it for a couple of weeks I can say taht it works properly, both in a technical and a economical level. I've found this online learning platform looking for skype exchanges with French and Italian natives (in free plafforms almost nobody show up even in the first meeting). At the first moment I said "oh oh, pay..." but actually is not bad. Registration is free and rates are fixed by teachers (qualified natives) and tutors (natives). Since my goal is to learn some Italian and practise French for free, I've become tutor, and help other guys to learn Spanish; and I use that money to learn Italian and French.

It works, so I wanted to share it with you. I was on time for opening great offer, I don't know if it's still running...

Ah, the link: http://www.lingostan.com

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Serrrgio
      Hi there,
      I'm starting to work as a Spanish tutor (to have informal conversation in my native language) and as a Spanish teacher (to give formal lessons, since I have experience) in a new web called Lingostan. Is a website which goal is to put in contact (through platforms as Skype) people who want to learn a foreign language with people who want to teach their native language.
      Since I'm trying to get some audience there, I'm interested in spreading the word... Well, the web is launching, so they have an special offer for students: 3 free trial lessons and 10USD in their wallet to use them to book other future lessons. Not bad at all. Really free: no catch, no credit card required.
      The good point for me is that teachers and students can schedule the sessions as they prefer, and also the price. I've tried free websites to practise and the problem is that 99% of people set a meeting and they never show up again (there's no commitment in these days guys, as my grandma says; of course, she says in Spanish...)
      Well, as I told you, the web is just starting. This is the reason why the site now is completely free. This is a sort of “beta version”. Usually tutors and teachers will be payed by students, but in this case is the web who pays, to check if everything works. The web is quite simple compared to others, sign in is easy, and they don't ask for any payment data. What I mean is that this is not a cheat.
      Too good to be true? Just check it...
      I'll be glad to read all your comments (or questions, if I can answer them...)
    • By Lingowizard
      Lingopolo is a great free language learning tool: http://lingopolo.com/
      It is still at an early stage of development but is already very useful to learn to speak Thai, French or Dutch.
      You can help improving the content of the website and promote your language! Find more information here: http://lingopolo.com/volunteer
    • By FlashAcademy
      Hi all! 
      Great that there's such a huge community of people out there just as passionate about learning languages as we are.
      I work for a small start-up based in Birmingham, UK, and it is our dream to make language learning fun, fast and effective for everybody.
      We've just released the latest version of our language learning app - FlashAcademy (www.flashacademy.com) - which contains more games and more language combinations than any other app. You can learn up to 18 languages from any other language - English to Welsh? Brazilian Portuguese to English? Bahasa to Danish? No problem!
      We're really excited about it and hope you guys will be too. We're always working hard to add new languages and are looking to add some character based languages such as Arabic, Japanese and Mandarin in the next few months.
      We also have FlashSticks, our unique language learning Post-it notes which you can stick up at home, work and school to make language learning a part of your everyday routine. They've been a big success, so if that sounds like something that could help you with some of the trickiest vocab then head on over to www.flashsticks.com and see what we can do for you.
      Hope you have a great time using FlashAcademy or FlashSticks - we hang around on this forum a lot so let us know if you have any comments, queries or issues, or contact us on team@flashsticks.com.
      Have fun guys!
    • By Charles William
      Are you looking to learn a language? if yes then the best way to learn a language is through practice.  

http://www.joeotoole.net/
    • By nadaverbalplanet
      Hi guys! 
      My name is Nada and I'm a native speaker of Serbian language. If anyone is interested in learning it, I would be more than glad to help him or her to acquire it as quicky as possible. Serbian is spoken by a minority of world's population and the grammar and pronunciation might be difficult to master but alongside the proper guidance and practice it can be fun and easy. Whoever is willing to learn it through the guidance of a native tutor, go to the following link http://www.verbalplanet.com/publicviewprofile.asp?tr_id=10033862908&lang=SER . I also teach English language since I obtain BA and MA in English language and literature.
      Hope to see some of you soon, have a nice day