Linguaholic

"Hell's teeth and Satan's kittens!"

I was a bit unsure whether to make this post, but when I read the post about "Lies and slander", I thought "Why not?"

To cut a long story short, over ten years ago, I started a project-website where I was collecting translations of the phrase "Hell's teeth and Satan's kittens!".  Recently I republished it and got a few more translations.

You can see it here: https://satans-kittens.neocities.org/hells_teeth

(I promise it's not click-bait: There are no adverts, cookies, or anything commercial about it.  I do use "Statcounter" out of personal interest.  It tells me how many visitors I have had and where they are from.  But that's it.  No personal information is collected.)

However, since the project first started, I have decided to add audio files as well.  I currently have friends who are preparing Swedish, Norwegian, Polish and both Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese.

So, if anyone would like to contribute, if they can also make an audio file, I would appreciate it very much.

While the project is a it of fun, I do have a few rules:

The translator must be either a native speaker or fluent in the language concerned.

Some cultures and languages do not have the same concept of Hell and Satan as cultures influenced by Christianity do.  So, equivalents may be used, but please discuss it with me first.

So, if you're interested in contributing, or just curious as to what it's all about, please surf on over to the webpage using the link above.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

A quick up date.  I now have audio for the following languages:

Chinese Mandarin and Cantonese,
Finnish,
Hungarian,* Not too sure about this one though...
Hungarian,
Morse code,
Polish,
Russian,
Spanish,
and
Swedish

https://satans-kittens.neocities.org/hells_teeth/index.html

I still need lots more text and audio! :D