Linguaholic

Word Reference

My French 1010 teacher highly recommends using Word Reference for word translation instead of sites like Google Translate. Word Reference gives definitions as well as parts of speech, synonyms, and even the word in the other language.

http://www.wordreference.com/

I have WR bookmarked on all of my devices, as well as the free, downloadable app for the iPhone!

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

• 2 weeks later...

Word reference is a great resource. Most of the people use its search engine I guess, but the forums are great as well. Why? Well, that's pretty simple. If you browse in the forum you will notice that there are so many users and so many posts, it's just ridiculous.

Total post count at the moment there is: 13,355,093

Members: almost 600'000 !

Let's pray to God that linguaholic.com will get that big one day  :grin:

If you would like to check out the forum of this great language learning page, here you go:

http://forum.wordreference.com/

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Thank you for the link :)  I bookmarked it already!  I'll give it a try! Sad to see Dutch isn't included, but it ill surely come in handy for english and Spanish :)  Thanks for sharing! By the way, I just checked the forum and it's just amazing, I just wish they added DUTCH.

• 4 months later...

WordReference is highly recommended. Is is a great all around dictionary for many different languages. Don't be mistaken; this is NOT ONLY a dictionary, but also has many other uses! It has the "Conjugator" feature which allows you to conjugate any verb to any tense or mood. You can also learn a lot of expressions and slang words from here.

Also take note that WordReference now has an app. Download it for free and you can use it anywhere using your tablet as long as you have internet connection. Such an awesome feature!

• 7 months later...

WordReference is highly recommended. Is is a great all around dictionary for many different languages. Don't be mistaken; this is NOT ONLY a dictionary, but also has many other uses! It has the "Conjugator" feature which allows you to conjugate any verb to any tense or mood. You can also learn a lot of expressions and slang words from here.

Also take note that WordReference now has an app. Download it for free and you can use it anywhere using your tablet as long as you have internet connection. Such an awesome feature!

After all wordreference.com is also a language learning forum... and it might be even the busiest language-related forum on this planet!

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good dictionary and forum. The forum is not fun and games though - very serious learners and strict moderation. The dictionary used to be much better before one of it's main sources (Oxford I think) pulled out. It's still pretty good though. I generally use Google Translate; it's pretty good for French/English, and bulk translate can't be beat as far as I've noticed. But when it fails me I use wordreference. For Russian/English, I tend to use it a a higher percentage of the time than French/English.