Linguaholic

Which written language?

Tony23

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

16 hours ago, Tony23 said:

Can anyone please tell me if this writing is Japanese? Thanks

5FA52988-A6E7-428E-9BC0-3D85D0D0C8FF.thumb.jpeg.a04ba4a9ef32ddd709006d9993bdb7f9.jpeg

It is Chinese, "xuān huā cǎo". It is probably a reference to the flower Hemerocallis fulva

However, it seems that the second and third character are in reversed order. If it is indeed the flower Hemerocallis fulva that we are talking about here, then it should be 宣草花 rather than 宣花草.

As the "drawing" of the characters is not very accurate anyways, I guess this could very well just be a mistake. 

On 2019/12/8 at PM3点10分, linguaholic said:

It is Chinese, "xuān huā cǎo". It is probably a reference to the flower Hemerocallis fulva

However, it seems that the second and third character are in reversed order. If it is indeed the flower Hemerocallis fulva that we are talking about here, then it should be 宣草花 rather than 宣花草.

As the "drawing" of the characters is not very accurate anyways, I guess this could very well just be a mistake. 

As it's inscribed on something, I think the chance to get two characters in reversed order might be small. 

It should mean to be 萱花草, yes the Hemerocallis fulva: 萱花草,又名萱草,俗名:忘忧草

The flower language: 1) Forget your sadness; 2) Thank you mum. 3) Hide some of your complicated feelings...

BTW, on what surface was this inscribed on?