Linguaholic

Greetings

Leon_Trotsky

Hello everyone.

I am a 30 year old American who is learning a few languages now as well as maintaining a few. English is my native language. I know Spanish to about C2 level, and Portuguese, Catalan and Italian to around C1. Dutch, French and Norwegian to about B2. The rest are intermediate and low levels. I am mainly autodidactic and much prefer learning alone than with a teacher/tutour or in a class.

I plan to study medicine in Italy, so I am thinking about sitting either the C1 or C2 exam probably sometime next year.

8 hours ago, Leon_Trotsky said:

Hello everyone.

I am a 30 year old American who is learning a few languages now as well as maintaining a few. English is my native language. I know Spanish to about C2 level, and Portuguese, Catalan and Italian to around C1. Dutch, French and Norwegian to about B2. The rest are intermediate and low levels. I am mainly autodidactic and much prefer learning alone than with a teacher/tutour or in a class.

I plan to study medicine in Italy, so I am thinking about sitting either the C1 or C2 exam probably sometime next year.

Wow. That's an impressive list of languages, Leon! Is it confusing for you to tell Catalan and Spanish apart? That's something that I am interested in because I might move to Spain (Barcelona) in the near future. 

7 minutes ago, linguaholic said:

Wow. That's an impressive list of languages, Leon! Is it confusing for you to tell Catalan and Spanish apart? That's something that I am interested in because I might move to Spain (Barcelona) in the near future. 

No, I can easily tell Spanish and Catalan apart. I have known Spanish since 2003, and Catalan I started studying since around 2014. Catalan looks like a mix of Spanish and French, but sounds like neither.