Linguaholic

Hey everybody! I'm Valerie.

ValerieAnne

Hey everybody! I am Valerie. I live in Ohio, USA. I have always been interested in learning various languages (I took French and Spanish while in school, and dabbled with Icelandic, Italian and Russian over the years). I am currently learning German (it will be my elective language when I start my schooling again (after over 10 years!)). I hope to learn a lot and meet new people/make new friends along the way. :grin:

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Welcome to linguaholic Valerie.  :wacky:

I wonder what made you study Icelandic... I've studied Russian and German too, so maybe I'll see you in those forums?  :tongue:

Hi, caparica007! Thank you for the welcome! To be honest, it was a song that made me want to study Icelandic so much, ever since then, I've wanted to visit there. The song was called "Fimm A Richter". It's a fun, catchy, pop song. Yes, hopefully I'll be around all the boards where I know some of the language.  :laugh:

Icelandic and Iceland are pretty captivating to me, an Island near the Artic right?  :smile:

Yep, check them out, you don't need to know much about the language and you can post your doubts and questions while you're learning.  :wink:

Correct, the Island of Grimsey, is located within the Arctic Circle. I don't think I could ever live there as I like it when the sun, goes down lol. I'd love to visit though, I hear that Iceland is one of the friendliest and safest places in the world. So, my goal is to visit once in my lifetime. I used to have a program downloaded on my Android device with a bunch of different facts and photos about Iceland as a whole and the different regions.

Nice, I'll have to check them out!! =)

I know what you mean, I wouldn't change my days and nights for a permanent day and ice for my beaches, no way!  :wink: But I would love to visit, I think it must be an amazing experience...