Linguaholic

A razão de aprenderem Portugues. // Why did/do you learn Portuguese.

Ricardo187

Boa noite a todos. Porque é que decidiram aprender Português? Simplesmente por gosto, por razões profissionais ou por obrigação? Eu como é obvio porque nasci em Portugal, e vocês?

Good night everybody. Why did you start learning Portuguese? Do you do it because you like it, for professional reasons or you was forced in some way? Please share with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Bom Dia! :)

I have only just started learning Portuguese so basic phrases are all I can say. I want to learn Portuguese because the country looks like a beautiful and interesting place and I love the attitude of people there. They also seem to be focused on business, which I like. I would love to visit there. Especially, Salvador. Bahia looks beautiful.

Why did you start learning Portuguese?

Bom dia Pipps.  :tongue:

You know that Portuguese is spoken in Portugal and Brazil and that Salvador and Bahia are in Brazil. So you're planning to visit Brazil or Portugal?  :ninja:

Portugal is great too, I'm sure you would enjoy visiting us.  :cool:

I am learning the Brazilian version and plan and going to see the olympics and explore the country in 2016. I can't wait!:) I have also been to Portugal on family trips and I loved it there too. Everyone is friendly and the food! Yum!:P I love seafood and I'm hoping Brazil will be just as good and the people justt as friendly and nice.

You're quite right, our food is great especially seafood! Visiting Brazil during the Olympics should be great, I was never in Brazil, but I'm sure I'd enjoy their beaches...  :grin:

Some of the beaches look absolutely stunning over there as well! Going to save up lots of money and really explore the whole country. I can't wait. Should be a great experience. But I want to be able to talk to people and I hope they will be sympathetic with my attempts at their beautiful language haha

Brazil it's huge, are you really planning in exploring the whole country? It will take a couple a months to do it, but I'm sure it will be a huge boost on your Portuguese.  :grin: