Linguaholic

Why do you want to learn how to speak spanish?

I'm wondering why people want to learn how to speak Spanish. I want to learn because upon graduation, I will be working in the health care field and Spanish in my area is a very sought after skill. There are plenty of physicians and nurses in my area, but few that can converse in Spanish comfortably and I really want to be the go to person for that!

Study With Us on Discord for FREE!

Well most of my family speaks spanish and some of them only speak spanish so It's more of personal reason why. Besides, If you're like me in that you live in the southern United States. Then you're probably going to want to lean spanish.

I want to learn to speak spanish because I like learning and I think learning another language will be fun. I have taken Spanish courses throughout my education, so I am working on furthering my understanding of the language, as well as my ability to speak it. I want to one day travel to Spanish speaking countries and surprise them all with my skills!

I'd like to learn to speak Spanish because I'm living in the Spanish section of town in Brooklyn. It really feels different being on the other side of the situation; I'm the odd one out this time. I'm starting to understand how isolated and confused people who don't speak English may feel when they first try to settle into a place that seems so foreign.

To the OP, you are correct, in many cities you can receive a bonus to your pay, or at least have a higher chance of getting hired if you speak spanish.  This trend is likely to continue as the hispanic population continues to grow in the USA.  It won´t just be healthcare, there is a potential many job positions will be favored to someone who can speak spanish, especially in things like construction and agricultural management.

I actually want to learn a few languages but I feel like Spanish is a good one to learn as you can use it in so many different countries like Colombia, Spain, peru, Salvador and even Mexico. So for that reason I think it's a really good language to learn. I also feel like it is very commonly used on films and on TV so I feel it will be quite easy to pick up and keep up. I plan on doing lots of travel soon so this language will help me make the most of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering why people want to learn how to speak Spanish. I want to learn because upon graduation, I will be working in the health care field and Spanish in my area is a very sought after skill. There are plenty of physicians and nurses in my area, but few that can converse in Spanish comfortably and I really want to be the go to person for that!

Spanish sounds like a fun language just listening to it. I recently opened a facebook account and realized that I got two friendly request from two Spanish native speakers from Cuba. Luckily, they also speak English. However, I would so love to speak to them in Spanish just as how they speak to one another in Spanish.

• 2 years later...

I have two main reasons for wanting to learn.  One, because I love Spanish music.  Two, because I live in a rural area where hardly anyone speaks Spanish.  We do have some people in the area who speak Spanish and English (because they are Puerto Rican or Mexican or what have you), but so many natives of my area have grown up with the "if you want to live in this country, you should learn American" mentality.  Yes...they actually say "learn American" and feel they can judge others for butchering the English language.

I want to learn Spanish because I'm already familiar with some of the words. Our native language has a few Spanish words and it helps a little. There are also a lot of available learning materials in the internet plus it uses the same English alphabet and there will be no hassle learning them. I also find it easier to pronounce than other European languages like French. Grammar is not too complicated as well. I love how it uses the inverted question mark in the beginning as a sign that the sentece is interrogative. 

I want to learn Spanish, so that I can keep the traditions of my Puerto Rican family alive. Being one of the only members of my family who can't speak the language, I feel like I am not a true Puerto Rican. I want to learn so that I can converse casually with my family in their native tongue. Also, being bilingual is a benefit for when I enter the workforce. Understanding the language would allow me to truly enjoy Spanish music, dance, and culture. Although I already love every aspect of the Spanish culture, I would enjoy it even more if I understood the language. 

• 2 months later...

I learned Spanish so that I was able to help a guy that didn't speak much English to learn English. He lives here in England but didn't know any English before he came here. I helped him to understand things in English and in the process of helping him I began to learn Spanish. We're still friends several years on and still have conversations in both languages. I took up Spanish in secondary school as well as a means of advancing my Spanish so that I would be able to help my friend more with his English. I'm sure there are still many words I need to learn in Spanish though!

• 4 months later...

I want to learn Spanish because it's the second most common language in the USA where I live and is very useful to know here.  I have known many Spanish speaking people in my life and would like to be able to have conversations in Spanish.  Also, I would like to travel to Spanish speaking countries someday where I would have an opportunity to use it.