Linguaholic

What is the most meaningful phrase for you?

Here's one of my favorite quotes from my favorite novel:

“Who needs a house? I'm talking about your heart. You have plenty of guest rooms there. And that's what you do. You open your heart to people. You keep lovely little rooms in there, just waiting for your friends to come visit. People feel as if they can come right in, just as they are. You don't entertain, you love. That's what lasts. That's why people like me feel as if I will always be your friend. You hold a special place for me in your heart.”

That's a good quote right there! It's such meaningful and inspirational to me.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” One of the most meaningful quotes to me.

“The past has no power over the present moment.”

I thought this was a pretty powerful quote. Its by Eckhart Tolle. If any of you guys have the chance to read his books, The Power of Now or A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, you should really give it a shot. His books are life-changing. They talk about how to improve your life and making yourself a positive person in general.

• 1 month later...

Could be a quote, a statement, sentence. Whatever hits close to home.

[/quote

A friend in deed is a friend indeed. This means, Someone who helps you when you are in need is a, real friend. Also, A friend's eye is a good mirror, this means, a true friend who will tell you the truth no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

So often I have  people around me who just seem eager and miserable and I will say to them "patience is a virtue'.This line speaks to me all the time :cool:.