Linguaholic

Freedom Of expression to you

lovemwaf

• 5 months later...

To me, freedom of expression means that I have a right to voice my opinion and know one should object. It means that I don't have to be locked up in a box but instead by whatever means possible I can choose to be heard I have a right to do so.

To me freedom of speech entitles to voice your opinion, not even mattering if your opinion differs from the other's.  To me that's freedom of speech, that and being able to say what you really think and feel without any kind of censorship.  This concept can be a bit hard to understand nowadays, since we live in a very politically correct society, in which you need to constantly censor yourself, otherwise the media and other groups will come get you!

Freedom of expression simply means that no one will censor your views just because they don't agree with it, which can be the case for some countries and even in my own country when Martial Law was in effect. Everyone should have the right to air out their opinion.

I agree with many others that freedom means to voice your own opinion, but I think of it a bit more than just that. To me, freedom truly means being yourself and allowing yourself to come alive for others to see. Whether they judge harshly or greatly for who you are is up to them. Just as long as you are truly yourself and can accomplish great, then that's freedom. Yes, voicing your opinion comes with it, but it's the whole value of what freedom can be for an individual. :)