Linguaholic

The best part of learning new languages

polaroidsredwine

What's your favorite thing about learning a new language? This may sound kind of weird, but I adore seeing how languages connect to each other. I suppose it's more of a linguistic hook, seeing how words have come to evolve between languages or how they get exchanged and adapted into vocabulary. Just the other day I came to the stunning realization of the link of the word 'quixotic' and the infamous Don Quixote story.

Well, it is definitely a plus to be able to speak different languages. Being able to speak other peoples language and having an experience of their culture is definitely a great thing. I think learning a new language opens new doors for you. I'm honestly so jealous of people who can speak many different languages, I only hope that I'll be able to master two languages, I think that would make me happy.

So I think (for me) the best part would be to succeed in learning the language and speaking it fluently while watching the smile on the native speaker's face.

The main reason why we learn new language is for better communication. We all know that not everybody can speak English, so to learn a new language aside from English, is really helpful. It makes some things easier, like traveling to different countries and being able to speak their language, watching foreign movies without using a subtitles. These are just some of the benefits of learning a new language.

My favorite thing about learning a new language is that moment when you realize that you're finally able to communicate in said language without having to look up every other word in a dictionary. When what once sounded like gibberish is now as clear as if it was your native language.

Learning new languages feels great... I've never really studied Spanish since it is a lot like Portuguese, so when I went to Spain for the first time a few years back and I had a really solid conversation with the coffee man... I felt so happy. I used expressions I didn't even know I knew! Feels so great, because when you learn a new language, you become a part of that country's culture and that gives you a head start to knowing more about the country.

Apart from all the obvious advantages that it gives you when it comes down to the employment market or simply the everyday life, I believe that learning a new language always presents you with an amazing opportunity - to learn about the country's background, current state and major historical events. It's an inseparable part of learning every language and I guess it's what attracts me the most.

The best part of learning new languages would be able to speak, write, and read. Communication is imporant for most people, especially for those who are learning new languages. People need to keep practicing by speaking the language with other people. I am always eager to learn a new language because I would be able to speak the language with some other people, which is an excitement thus a good learning experience.