Linguaholic

About posting

lookforuu

I didn't see any section in the forum for suggestion, so I'm writing it here. While making the post, there's some verification stuff below, which we need to fill, whereas I don't see this kind of things in other forum. I would say it's not so good for members in the forum, maybe people feel uneasy and won't come and post again. Please consider to do some improvement, thanks.

I've noticed that as well, and it's definitely a hindrance to easy communication.  While I can appreciate wanting to discourage spammers, surely the membership process is enough to solve that?  Typing in the verification for every post is really tedious and, as you say, probably discourages people from participating.

Dear Ersatz, dear lookforuu

I really care about your feedback and I would like to inform you that I changed this setting. It is now not necessary anymore to pass verification while doing a post. However, I would like to mention that this setting was just for the 5 first posts and after that the verification question (capture) would not appear anymore.

Anyway, I disabled this feature on your request, as I do understand that this feature can discourage new members from writing in the forum..still, forum spam is a huge matter and I have to admit that I am pretty scared of it :=)  :frozen:

Regarding the submission of requests / suggestions, I will definitely create a new subforum for that.

regards

Marcel

Awesome!  The new change is very welcome, and I appreciate your rapid response to the concern.  Of course, if we'd just waited a few more posts, we could've figured it out on our own ;) But the sad thing is, many people might have been scared away before getting there.  Hopefully this will encourage the community to grow!